Chapala.com Webboard

Terrorist bean sellers at Superlake

Been here since 1997. I usually shop after breakfast or after lunch. So far I have been lucky. Never have I been attacked or harassed as some of you have been as explained above.

Could it be that it is safer in the mornings and early afternoons?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are right Sea - in any developing country the shopkeepers and their employees would rally together and chase away the kids with sticks, canes and clubs. The police would tsk tsk but they are actually glad they didn't have to deal with it.

I know, and have seen, in Puerto Vallarta if a new car washer, or an aggressive beggar shows up, the others there complain to the police, usually lieing that the person(s) are selling drugs. The police cuff them in the back of one of their trucks, then they drive them many miles out of town, and release them with no money, food or water.

Been here since 1997. I usually shop after breakfast or after lunch. So far I have been lucky. Never have I been attacked or harassed as some of you have been as explained above.

Could it be that it is safer in the mornings and early afternoons?

I shop early and have never seen it, so yes the time of day seems to be important.

You are right Sea - in any developing country the shopkeepers and their employees would rally together and chase away the kids with sticks, canes and clubs. The police would tsk tsk but they are actually glad they didn't have to deal with it.

I know, and have seen, in Puerto Vallarta if a new car washer, or an aggressive beggar shows up, the others there complain to the police, usually lieing that the person(s) are selling drugs. The police cuff them in the back of one of their trucks, then they drive them many miles out of town, and release them with no money, food or water.

Yes, when you put it like that. We individual shoppers might not have recourse, but the store owners do.

Personally I don't like the idea of petitions, etc., when the first course of action would be to complain at the time of the incident. I think one of the posters above said that that people from the liquor store helped them out.

There are some things to do. I usually have a bagger take my bags to the car, for instance. More people are better. Certainly, changing your shopping time if that's viable. Going back into Superlake if you're accosted before getting to your car.

Has anyone mentioned this to Pancho? He usually relies on the car washers for keeping things organized and clean in the parking lot.

I will talk to Pancho next time I am there. In the afternoons, I notice 5 or 6 kids in the shade just outside Paz. As I said before, I don't see them bothering gringos.

Many people have commented that they don't see it because they shop in the morning or because they just have never seen it. That does not men it did not happen. I told you it happened so you not seeing it is irrellevant. It happened.

Moreover, there have been many other comments stating similar and worse has happened to them.

I am sick of the "Mexican apologists" who say "if you do not like it move." BS... or "you are not from Mexico"

NOBODY should be subjected to this behavior no matter where they are from.,, but maybe their apologist should be.

There is no excuse, no matter how advanced your liberal dementia is, that anyone can defend this yes, "terroristic" and criminal behavior interfering in our lives.

Nobody is trying to impose their lifestyle on others here... they just want to live in peace and be free from harassment.

We did not bring an attitude of aggression and extortion here... but it was damn sure brought to us.

Just roll over and take it like a Gringo is not acceptable to me. Do you treat your wife that way, too?

Are we getting off topic here??? I still think we have to talk to Pancho, but...I am not at SuperLake at night except in rare instances, so I am possibly not a good person to raise the subject with Pancho. The last time I was there at night, months ago at Tony's, some drunk fell and banged his head (terminally) and the place was swarming with police when I came out of Tony's. Which indicates to me that the police might show up if one raised a fuss. (Understand, I am not really volunteering to fall on my whatsis for this effort, but hey!) We really need to talk to Pancho about this. He needs our support, maybe he can get cops to patrol the area until these low-lives dry up and go away.

Maybe we could consider a drive-in (like the sit-ins of old). We could play our radios and jitterbug in the parking lot--THAT would be interesting! But, first of all, we have to talk to Pancho and the lady at Paz. Would some of you who have been harassed be willing to approach Pancho with me? High time we had a "take back the night" campaign IMHO!

Are we getting off topic here??? I still think we have to talk to Pancho, but...I am not at SuperLake at night except in rare instances, so I am possibly not a good person to raise the subject with Pancho. The last time I was there at night, months ago at Tony's, some drunk fell and banged his head (terminally) and the place was swarming with police when I came out of Tony's. Which indicates to me that the police might show up if one raised a fuss. (Understand, I am not really volunteering to fall on my whatsis for this effort, but hey!) We really need to talk to Pancho about this. He needs our support, maybe he can get cops to patrol the area until these low-lives dry up and go away.

Maybe we could consider a drive-in (like the sit-ins of old). We could play our radios and jitterbug in the parking lot--THAT would be interesting! But, first of all, we have to talk to Pancho and the lady at Paz. Would some of you who have been harassed be willing to approach Pancho with me? High time we had a "take back the night" campaign IMHO!

Tomgates in a post on the previous page said he would talk to Pancho.

I too have noticed the kids are pushier and nastier that they were, say a year ago. I shop at Superlake midday. I use my mean-teacher-face and they back down, but again these are the younger kids. The kids need to learn that what they are trying to do is unacceptable and won't be tolerated. And won't get them any money.

I have not seen Mexicans harassed by these kids. But, as other posters have pointed out that is not the issue. If we were NOB, maybe you could make it a hate crime or something, but we are not NOB. If I were NOB I would catch the kid and take him to his father. But, that would also depend upon the primary reason for the breakdown of society... father absence.

I am not a social worker. I am just a guy leaving everyone else alone.... until you give me no option other than to engage.

Beating up Mexican kids (or shooting them with my Mexican Army issued handgun) is not an option, but one that would end it undesirably.

The internal anger/hatred with the "F*CK YOU MOTHERF*CKER" and assauting my car is overboard and intolerable.

It is just improper and not cool.

Maybe someone will write a letter the the editor about not giving these kids any money or buying from them and get the word out to the community.

Claude also told me that when the kids are thirsty they suck the juice out of the beans and put them back in the bag, so they are probably not old they are just grossly mishandled!!

I think maybe a threat from a taser would not be a bad idea like the pepper spray.

I just might say something to Pancho also. Maybe go in crying that I have been harassed being a female going by myself.

Who knows.

I think maybe a threat from a taser would not be a bad idea like the pepper spray.

I just might say something to Pancho also. Maybe go in crying that I have been harassed being a female going by myself.

Who knows.

Be careful around a group of teenagers. Things can go badly fast. It's not a great idea to threaten with anything that you're not 100% prepared to follow through on.

I know you could do without gratuitous advice, but that thought about the taser is hard to pass up. We are collectively the outsiders here and it would be adding insult to injury if the policia sided with poor hooligan "victim".

The "some drunk", was a good person, lived here a long time, and a friend to many. A little respect.

Archived