Chapala.com Webboard

Cost of toll roads

palmajeank

Indeed!!! APOCO it is a great site, you can even calculate How much it's going to cost for Pemex Magna

Great site, thanks for sharing the info.

That's good but you should know your route before you use it otherwise it may over-use toll roads in route selection.

BTW, I do have a detailed narrative for either going to Pharr or coming from there and I update it after every trip. If you want a copy, PM me.

Another interesting happening on local toll roads is that the entire remaining two lane part of the Manzanillo cuota Ruta 54 is being bypassed with all new construction. It will run from where the two lane part begins just south of Ciudad Guzman and run all the way to intersect the existing route just above the last new toll station.

It is pretty impressive construction, involving several of those new style cable suspension bridges over very deep canyons. You can see it readily using Google Earth.

• 10 months later...
On ‎2015‎-‎12‎-‎07 at 11:35 AM, tomgates said:

According to the site that you can see the tolls on various routes, the route to Laredo via Lagos is $1001p and to Pharr is $1122p.

According to what I am reading the route out of Pharr  is a toll route.Is that Correct??

The short stretch down to south of Reynosa is a toll road.  21 pesos.

No more tolls until you get to the end of the original 101 south of Ciudad Victoria.  Then two tolls, I think 54 pesos and 38 pesos brings you to the north side of San Luis Potosi.  The two routes are identical from there into Lakeside.  You can either go through SLP, no tolls until south of there, or take the two toll roads around SLP.

i just traveled southbound from laredo to ajijic. i used my US debit card at all but 2 or 3 toll booths. some had signs that you could use USD but the exchange rate was 16 to 1. USAA visa credit card does NOT charge a foreign transaction fee anymore. I protested a non fraudulent charge on my US DEBIT card and was refunded immediately. i filed the paperwork with my bank and got refunded the same day.

Archived