Chapala.com Webboard

Endodontist - need a good one, and fast!

Serenity6

I need two root canals (and they are on opposite sides of my jaw, boo).

I'd appreciate any referrals. If the referral is one to avoid, that would be very useful to me as well, and feel free to PM me with negative referrals.

I'd also like to know what to expect to pay for everything (the root canal, the porcelain crown, etc.)

Merci.

Third for Dr. Barragan. He has done two root canals for me as well as extensive other work.

Sorry, I do not remember the cost. He is not the most expensive around but you certainly can get it done cheaper than him if cost is the most important consideration.

Many thanks! I also found an older post from a few weeks back and see the same names. I did get some lidocaine spray for pain management in the meantime and am learning to not spray that stuff directly on the back of your throat. Just left them some messages and hope they can see me soon.

As disappointed (and terrified) as I am to learn that I need two root canals, just knowing I am not in the US is a huge relief. It would cost 5k US easily. Here, I can actually afford it and have noticed that endodontists here (at least the ones who did two other root canals in Puerto Vallarta) had better technological equipment than in the US.

Serenity- I have found that tea tree oil rubbed on around the painful tooth helps kill the pain for awhile. Tastes terrible, though. Also swish your mouth with hydrogen peroxide in water- it will kill any infection within a couple days. Hope you got it taken care of by now, though.

Archived