Chapala.com Webboard

ShawDirect Service Notice "Temporarily Unavailable"

mkshawn

Just returned from NOB. Refreshed the receiver twice, have a green dish in the corner, credit balance on the account, Guide etc is working?

Would it be the Rain?? This has not happened before & have been here in some deluges when the screen goes fuzzy. All help appreciated, anyone else experiencing this message lately?

Nope - my service is working well. Check your signal strength using the menus - do you know how to do this?? If it is low your dish may have shifted slightly out of alignment due to winds, etc.

But if (as you say) you have a green status light on and not a red light AND you are getting the channel guide OK, it would seem all should be well. Is it only one channel that you cannot receive or is it all of them? If all of the channels are gone, your receiver may be toast. I just had one of my DSR630's fail and Shaw has sent a replacement.

If he is getting a green light the dish and LMB is fine, it is the receiver that needs to be refreshed from Shaw, but it is raining too much you probably have rain fade but it should be a red light then.

Archived