Chapala.com Webboard

Shopping at Costco Online

beverly111

Geez. So Cynthia or Lakeside Express will bring me a refrigerator?

Costco online is FAR more extensive than a Costco store. If you like/trust Costco quality and business practices, Costco online may be right for you. It also may be a convenient way to acquire items difficult to find Lakeside. The cost of delivery is included in the price. For items that are also sold in their stores, the price is about 10% higher online. Generally, according to their website, smaller items will arrive in 3-5 days; large items 5-12. Check it out. costco.com.mx

Just to join the crowd, I just drive to Costco (39 miles) and purchase there and if the product is too big I pay them to ship it to my house. Works great for me.

Sorry I can not answer the question made.

Geez. So Cynthia or Lakeside Express will bring me a refrigerator?

Lakeside Express might if they can handle the size. They handle most things that Costco sells, not just what is on the web site. There is a place on the order form to order other things. Their email addy is on the site so you can check with them.

I think it might be wise to purchase a refrigerator at Lakeside, from Tio Sam or Electroventa, etc., as they will deliver it into your kitchen (check dimensions of the unit and the doors), set it up, level it and be sure that it operates. They will also provide warranty service locally.

We once bought a refrigerator in Guadalajara and found that we would have to take it to Guadalajara for warranty service. So, we had Electroventa service it.

Hola. I ordered a tripod online through Costco.com.mx It was very easy and it arrived in 3 days. Delivery is indeed included in the price and is offered throughout Mexico. The website has many items not found in the store. You must be a Costco member and you have to register your membership online before you can make a purchase. I used my Bancomer credit card for the purchase. Easy and will use it again.

I didn't think that Costco would deliver to Lake Chapala area - is this something new? I always take a friend with a pickup when I plan to buy something big.

They did for me maybe 8 years ago. I believe they hired an independent delivery service and I had to pay for the delivery

If you buy directly from one of the big box stores, they may arrange delivery at a charge to you. However, you are actually hiring and paying the truck and driver. If anything happens, the store has no further responsibility. So, online or a local purchase makes better sense.

Archived