Chapala.com Webboard

Post-Patricia status in the Raquet Club?

The area in the RC that was expected to be a problem if there was one, was Ilie Nastase, the street at the foot of the arroyo called Los Mangos where the big tromba was in 2007. Yesterday, Civil Protection advised people in that neighborhood to leave. I kept watch, machilla all packed. The downhill street, Pancho Gonzales, was turning into a river, and then suddenly around midnight the rain stopped. I've been thru "normal" storms here worse than this. Haven't driven around yet, but no damage here....

Everything is fine in the Raquet Club. I noticed a couple of newly planted large palms leaning but nothing else. Water has pretty well finished running in the streets. Security report no problems. Just over 4 inches of rain. Electricity was off for just a few seconds.

Like wise everything seems fine in the town of San Juan Cosala.

Thanks, Bizco. It is Ilie Nastase that I am wondering about. Are you reporting from the RC? Power & internet still on?

Yes, I live near the bottom of Los Mangos in the RC. The water flowing down Pancho Gonzales steadily grew into a stream about 2 meters wide, and then quickly abated after midnight. By morning it was a trickle. I never lost internet or power, tho the lights flickered a few times. It was much, much worse during a storm a month ago, so I was expecting conditions to get really bad. Still amazed that a storm of this magnitude was so mild. FYI JD-B is ok.

Archived