Chapala.com Webboard

LCS is closed today sat.

lcscats

LCS is on a list of several places designated as shelters. There is no one place large enough to be the one place people could go. Give civic leaders some credit even if you believe you are much smarter than all of them put together.

But I am surprised at the reactions of many locals:"You're not going out in that are you?", as they closed up their businesses early. Holy cow, man, it's not even like a good storm during the rainy season. (I think that being Friday afternoon had a lot to do with it.)

No criticism intended of the LCS. I am a volunteer there.

Perhaps I could have phrased my observation better.

Some of us who know the LCS were surprised to see it listed as a shelter. Other than the covered open areas like the gazebo, etc.

there is no place to put more then a few people.

I was surprised that the auditorium was not on the list.

LCS has plenty of room for folks in an emergency. Other than the upper offices everything is down low and pretty sheltered by the surrounding neighborhood. One could use the library,booksale room, Main office and Sala as some examples. Remember any port in a storm! Lets all be glad the storm went past us with hardly any local damage. I for one am very grateful. I inspected the LCS grounds this morning and while it was a mess with vegetation all over the paths no damage occurred and the cats all seemed normal, dry, and hungry.

Archived