Chapala.com Webboard

Telecable bought out by Izzi Telecom

Intercasa

Just to confuse things, remember that digital signals like the 4 DISH signal carrying US network stations are picked up on digital receivers and then distributed in analog on channels 85 thru 87 or so. Yes I know I only mentioned three of the four channels, but up here in Seattle guessing the numbers.

If I understood the staff correctly, Telecable will continue to offer analog channels from 2 to about 92 after the end of the year when the TV towers will no longer transmit in analog, only digital.

Who knows when the cable companies will only distribute channels in digital instead of both analog and digital format like they have been doing for several years now.

I'm bringing up an old thread here. Telecable is putting in a new cable on my street of San Antonio. In the past I've heard such mixed recommendations for them that I've resisted the temptation to sign with them. I'm mainly interested in their internet service.

Is there any word out on how this new ownership is effecting service or reliability? Have people with new cable received improved services?

About 2 months ago, they ran a new cable down my street. I signed up, gave them 150P for the installation and have not seen them since.

I decided if they won't come do the drop, it was a 150P lesson in customer service. Cheap at the price.....

About 2 months ago, they ran a new cable down my street. I signed up, gave them 150P for the installation and have not seen them since.

I decided if they won't come do the drop, it was a 150P lesson in customer service. Cheap at the price.....

Oh dear. Then there's Juggy's positive review. This is kind of how I experience Telecable recommendations. Awful/great. Goodly/poor.

Archived