Chapala.com Webboard

Private Mail Problem

Please excuse me if this is posted in the wrong forum but I couldn't find one that looked like the appropriate forum for tech support questions.

Eight days ago I lost one of the functions of this board so I sent a PM to Chapala (admin). So far this email remains unread.

Five days ago I sent a copy of that PM to Mod2 and that too has gone unread.

Is the private mail function working for anybody or is the problem on my end?

If private mail is not functioning how does one report that fact?

If private mail (and other functions) are not currently available how about posting something to that effect?

Is there a particular forum that is best for questions of this sort?

Thanks

George

George, this is going to be a problem with your computer. Try rebooting and deleting the cookie for this site.

Also, if you're using Firefox, try Google Chrome instead.

I'm having no problems with PM either as Mainecoons or as Moderator 2.

Sorry if I missed your PM as I'm in Texas now dealing with some tough family issues.

Can any of our local computer gurus help matt here?

Thanks MC. I tried your earlier suggestions but to no effect, both PMs still show up as being unread. The original problem which prompted the PMs also still exists. The original problem is that the "View New Content" button on the main page produces a reply that there is no new content. At the same time I can go to each individual forum and find new content. The content is there but the main page "View New Content" feature cannot find it.

matt

We must remember that this is a free site; not just free to us, but almost free to the owner, who really doesn‘t frequent it much or really want to deal with it, if it can be helped. So, some optional functions can be missing from time to time, or even permanently. Often, the server goes down and I have found that closing the browser and opening it again will cause another path to be found. Or, I can be patient and try again mañana.

Archived