Chapala.com Webboard

Location of CFE Office

tycobb1020

Edited due to the fact that these directions fail to take into consideration that Zaragoza Street is one-way north bound.

The Chapala branch office is located very close to Soriana. Look for the Cash Now pawn shop around the corner of Soriana, next to that, there is a large street with a concrete medium down the middle, that street is Pepe Guizar, it takes you to the train station. Go down that street towards the train station, about half way there you will see a Guadalajara Pharmacy on your left, at that intersection with the pharmacy is Zaragoza street, go right on that street, and a block or two blocks down you will see the new CFE office on the left. Look for the Solar Panels in the front of the building.

CFE has two offices in Chapala. Here is the one I use to pay our bill.

From Ajijic head towards Chapala and when you get to the light in Chapala (Madero) turn left. Go through town (heading north towards Guadalajara). When you get to the light at the Pemex on the north side of Chapala - across the street from the football/soccer stadium - turn right and then another immediate right.

Go all the way to the end of that street and you will find the building at the end of that road. There is not much parking at CFE so park just before you get there and walk across the street. There are several automated machines in a little section just to the right as you enter the building. With an old bill to scan or with your account number you can pay your bill or add money to your account. It sounds like that is what you are planning to do.

You can go inside and ask questions or get some help but they close relatively early (maybe 3pm?) and I've never heard anyone in the office speaking English. But the machines are pretty easy to navigate. There is often a kid hanging around offering to "help" and even though the process is pretty easy I usually let him "help" and give him a tip. I think his mother works in the office as he took me inside one time when the machines we offline. All in all pretty easy to find once you have done it the first time and easy to use the machines.

Heading north on Madero make a right at the light right before the Pemex, make another immediate right and keep going to the T-intersection and there you will encounter the one-and-only, and recently built, CFE office.

RVGringo, you are absolutely correct, so guys, just scratch my first directions, and drive north towards the bus station in Chapala. Turn right on Miguel Martinez, which is the street right before the bus station, where the buses line up at, go two blocks down, the first is Juarez street, and the second street is Zargoza, turn left on Zaragoza street and follow it down till you cross over a small bridge, the CFE office is two blocks down from the bridge on the right. Just look for the solar panels.

There are two, actually. The CFE everyone knows about on Zaragoza, and the main Federal local offices, which are quite large, on (I believe) Calle la Estacion 82. When I had serious complaints about billing, I went to the big one.

Or for even easier directions, if coming from Ajijic, on the Carretera, just cross over the light at the intersection coming into Chapala, just go straight across, the name of the street changes to Morelos street, go two blocks down, the first is Juarez street, the second is Zaragoza Street, turn left on Zaragoza Street and follow it up going north until the small bridge, the CFE office is two blocks down on the Right, just look for the solar panels.

I'm impressed. When I asked someone how to get to CFE, I get the old... go to Pemex, hang a right.. and then a right.. oh maybe that's not there any more. Hmm. Around there though for sure.

There are some stellar, award winning directions in this thread.

I'm impressed. When I asked someone how to get to CFE, I get the old... go to Pemex, hang a right.. and then a right.. oh maybe that's not there any more. Hmm. Around there though for sure.

There are some stellar, award winning directions in this thread.

The confusion is the old CFE was on that street where you took the 2nd right. The new one is now at the end of that same street where it dead ends.

maw

Archived