Chapala.com Webboard

Excellent New Ajijic Centro Restaurant

tombo

People are far too varied and interesting to keep on such a tight line. Just by making the comment about crazies taking a topic off thread, see what's happened? I welcome the variations, as long as it doesn't become pointless

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are far too varied and interesting to keep on such a tight line. Just by making the comment about crazies taking a topic off thread, see what's happened? I welcome the variations, as long as it doesn't become pointless

This is not pointless?

LOL! You'd have to search history here to see the huge number of threads about salted butter.

In the meantime, since allowing dogs into restaurants is illegal, I don't see any point in the discussion.

Ill make an investigation into it lol

Ah so the food... yes food....

Are there any outstanding non-spicy (no pepper to burn mouth/stomach) dishes that others here would recommend.

Any soup or sopa de dia?

So difficult to search for food reviews when people ? take a topic off thread...

I was so excited thinking there were three pages of food reviews on a new restaurant... silly me.

Yes we do have a few, hope im not in trouble for asnwering your question..<

Breakfast

-Yogurt with fresh fruit: $45 pesos

Tasty yogurt served with fresh seasonal fruit, with pure Agave honey and granola “La Piña” (100% organic)

-Fresh Fruit: $30 pesos

A selection of seasonal fresh fruit.

-Sweet Molletes: $35 pesos

Two pieces of bolillo (salty bread roll) with butter and sugar or marmalade.

-Santos Rico Molletes: $60 pesos

A piece of bolillo (salty bread roll), cheddar cheese, bacon and pure Agave honey.

-Huevos al Gusto: $45 pesos

Two fresh organic eggs to your taste, served with beans.

-Mexican Omelet: $50 pesos

Two fresh organic eggs with cheese, tomato, onion and chile verde (spicy optional), served with beans.

-Mushroom Omelet: $55 pesos

Two fresh organic eggs with mushrooms, cheese, onion. (Stewed and melted with the cheese) served with beans.

Eggs Benedict: $70 pesos

Two fresh organic poached eggs, on top of an English muffin, Canadian style bacon bathed in hollandaise sauce served with hash brown potatoes.

All our breakfasts include: 1 fresh juice or pot coffee.

(Gourmet Coffees are sold separately)

Lunch

House Salad: $35 pesos.

Organic lettuce, red onion, shredded carrot, tomato and goat cheese (extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar)

Chicken breast with a creamy Chipotle (homemade) Salsa, served with rice and beans.

Fish Tacos al pastor: $45 pesos

Fish stripes al pastor (typical Mexican salsa) with fresh handmade tortillas, cilantro, onion and roasted pineapple.

Santos Rico Sopes with beans and a coffee salsa: $45 pesos.

Traditional sope prepared with platano macho (banana), beans, lettuce, and sauce with a hint of coffee.

Chicken Enfrijoladas: $ 60 pesos.

4 tortillas stuffed with chicken, bathed in a bean salsa with fresh cheese, topped with cream a tomato sauce and served with rice.

Two different “Specials of the Day” offered daily, please ask about them

CG, dogs are allowed in the patio area so, technically, they are not in the restaurant.

Santos, I look forward to visiting your restaurant soon. I have two dogs but do not take them when I go out to eat. ;)

True, and looking forward to your visit.

OK let me weigh in on this dog issue. I have no objection of owners bringing their well trained, amiable canines to an outdoor area. Happens all over the world and, I believe, New York just passed a law with a 95 to 7 vote in favor or close to those numbers. Many Americans and Canadians seem to object for some reason, perhaps cultural, to this practice. And I love this place for its ambience and the graciousnes of the host, Edgar.

We went to the opening last week where they served a huge crowd and heard from many that the food was excellent. Does anyone know if it is dog-friendly??

Like the bullet that brought down the Archduke Ferdinand, this is what started the whole bloody mess. It could have been deleted right then and there or blossom into WWIII, as it did.

Plenty of places that don't allow dogs, so I can live without it, even though I went there once and the food was good.

Any dogs, in or out, is a deal killer for me.

Santos Rico... Thank you for your response!

For those who might be curious and don't go in for spicy:

Today, I had the Chicken Enfrijoladas... not hot/spicy a bit... very good!

My husband had something a bit spiced, and enjoyed it!

Chicken Enfrijoladas: $ 60 pesos.

4 tortillas stuffed with chicken, bathed in a bean salsa with fresh cheese, topped with cream a tomato sauce and served with rice.

I'm going to lock this because this thread was not for discussing the pros and cons of dogs in restaurants. It was supposed to be the usual discussion about food in general or a specific venue in particular.

Please let's stick to the food and/or the venue in this section.

Dogs in restaurants has been beaten to death on this board but if someone wants to discuss it again we won't shut it down as long as it doesn't get personal or nasty.

Thanks.

Archived