Chapala.com Webboard

Travelling to Europe via Aero Mexico next week

ga356

I suppose some of you have done this, so a quick question: My flight goes from GDL to Mexico City where I'll change planes and from there will go to Madrid. Do I fill out the red migarción form at GDL or in Mexico City? If in Mexico City (having never been there), where in that airport is the migración kiosk located?

Gracias por adelantado,

GA

Your flight from GDL to Mexico City is a domestic flight, so you will fill out your FMM at the Mexico City Airport. The airline desk can direct you to INM, or you can ask a guard, etc.

You will arrive at the domestic terminal in Mexico City and then you have to take the elevated train over to the international terminal which is on the far side of the airport. A little confusing the first time but the way is fairly clearly marked.

You will arrive at the domestic terminal in Mexico City and then you have to take the elevated train over to the international terminal which is on the far side of the airport. A little confusing the first time but the way is fairly clearly marked.

This is not correct. Aero Mexico national and international are in terminal 2. You won't have to take the train. You will be able to do everything in #2. Very convient and easy.

Last time I was there and I needed to go to immigration I could not find them.. I cannot remember if I was flying AeroMexico or AIr France as they are partners and I flew a few times after that. Hopefully you have a bunch of time and you can ask while there but tit was not that simple to find. Actually I never found them and did not check out..

I just did this last month on an Aeromexico flight to London. The domestic flights arrive in the first part of Terminal 2 so you walk a while down a long corridor. You then come to a long wing to your left (which is where our flight departed from) and you can see another long wing through the windows branching to the left and running parallel to the first one further on down. The INM "office" is a curved open desk situated almost to the next wing's entrance on the left side against the window. This is near Sala K. It honestly looks like something a time share salesman might be seated at. I walked right by it twice before I spotted it. Granted, we were there late at night and the poorly lit ambiance of that airport reminded me of an Eastern block government building. The desk does have an INM sign on it that I finally noticed when I was right upon it. There is no signage directing you to it that I could find anywhere. I speak Spanish and their instructions "just around the corner" when I went to the info desk in the second wing would have been more helpful if they would have described the obscure appearance of the desk. I'm sure in daylight it would have been a lot easier to find as the holes in the concrete ceiling must light the place up nicely but their widely spaced tiny LED lights barely give you enough light to read at night.

Having done this MANY times, your immigration form is indeed completed in Mexico city BUT if you are flying Guadalajara to Mexico then Aeromexico to Europe you probably fly out of the same terminal in Mexico city you fly into. The international terminal for Aeromexico is the same as the national one and there is an immigration station at the far end of the terminal into which you enter from Guadalajara.

Good to know, thanks for correcting me. I have always had to switch carriers in Mexico City so had to change terminals.

Thanks to all for the info. I'll have plenty of time in MC, and will both arrive at and leave from terminal 2, and finding the desk looks simple enough so it shouldn't be any big deal.

Archived