Chapala.com Webboard

HOLA! Any Canadians out there???

JayBearII

So, are you Canadians all sitting back and saying "Justin Who?" or am I missing the celebration party? Me, I am not Canadian, but hey, this is a momentous occasion and besides he is cute and we all love his father, n'est pas?

Americans may be asking "Justin Who?", but Canadians all know the Trudeau name. Not everyone loved his father but he was one of the most important Prime Ministers we had and was an extremely intelligent man, leaving Justin some big family shoes to fill. You're right that he is cute!

Not nearly as cute as his father.

I, for one, am glad that Harper is out. He took the Canadian out of Canada.

So, we look to the future in restoring our self respect and pride. Let's hope Justin Trudeau can get us going in that direction.

Americans may be asking "Justin Who?", but Canadians all know the Trudeau name. Not everyone loved his father but he was one of the most important Prime Ministers we had and was an extremely intelligent man, leaving Justin some big family shoes to fill. You're right that he is cute!

No, we're not asking "Justin Who?" JayBear was wondering why no Canadians were celebrating this election. How clueless do you think we are?

No, we're not asking "Justin Who?" JayBear was wondering why no Canadians were celebrating this election. How clueless do you think we are?

The answer to that is reflected in this small survey: http://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/americans-fail-canada-again#.bbvZwllZ7 In my opinion, there are a huge number of Americans who can not name the Prime Minister of Canada, and most will have never heard of Justin Trudeau before today. You may be in the group who can and that's good. Many Canadians are celebrating the change, by the way.

The answer to that is reflected in this small survey: http://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/americans-fail-canada-again In my opinion, there are a huge number of Americans who can not name the Prime Minister of Canada, and most will have never heard of Justin Trudeau before today. You may be in the group who can and that's good. Many Canadians are celebrating the change, by the way.

This reminds me of Rick Mercer's "Talking to American's" and American's congratulating Canada's Prime Minister Tim Horton :)

Most USA folks think Nova Scotia is an Island off the coast of Maine. They could not even begin to tell you what PEI stands for. I believe many USA folks know far more about Mexico than Canada. I always lived along the border and part of my family is from N.S. How about not knowing the difference between Vancouver Washington next to Portland Oregon and Vancouver Island in Canada. Its hopeless folks. Go ahead name all the territories and provinces in Canada. Funny thing is bet Canadians know much more about US. They had a failure of the PA system at a sporting event in Canada while playing The US national Anthem. The Canucks knew all the words and sang the rest of it. Could USA folks sing the Canadian National anthem??

We are pretty low-key politically. Our biggest problem in Ontario seems to be whether we will be able to sell beer in corner stores.

We are taught world and U.S. history throughout the school years, because it is believed to be important that we understand how everyone fits in. This makes sense, and when you watch our news channels, you will see stuff from all over the place, instead of just constant yammering about political candidates. I can hardly wait for the U.S. election to be over, so U.S. TV can get started on a fresh four years of who will win the next one...

We are pretty low-key politically. Our biggest problem in Ontario seems to be whether we will be able to sell beer in corner stores.

We are taught world and U.S. history throughout the school years, because it is believed to be important that we understand how everyone fits in. This makes sense, and when you watch our news channels, you will see stuff from all over the place, instead of just constant yammering about political candidates. I can hardly wait for the U.S. election to be over, so U.S. TV can get started on a fresh four years of who will win the next one...

I grew up in Michigan and we studied Canadian history. I can name all the the provinces and territories except for the new one. I know the words to the national anthem in English and most of it in French. I celebrated the new flag when you adopted the maple leaf. I know about the Plains of Abraham and Wolfe. I think you should consider spinning off the prairie provinces. We could combine them with Utah, Montana, and the Dakotas and make them their own country.

Same for eastern Washington and Eastern Oregon. They should be part of Idaho and western Wash. and Oregon should be a state. In both states eastern voters are nullified by all the folks who live in the west. Its not very fair when city folks vote on rural issues especially when they don't have a clue about the issue. Good to know at least Ajijiccharlie knows about Canada but I think he is a distinct minority in US. I am very impressed that you know the anthem in two languages. I asked my US friends this morning where Laborador was and they thought it was over by Greenland or Iceland.

Sorry I meant US politics. Canadians are American also.

WOW you really know how to start the fireworks going. Canadians are not Americans but by sharing one of the longest borders and language we try to show others that countries can basically live side by side without cannons aimed at each other.

WOW you really know how to start the fireworks going. Canadians are not Americans but by sharing one of the longest borders and language we try to show others that countries can basically live side by side without cannons aimed at each other

shhhh, Canadians are part of North America, or the "America's" ... thinking maybe that's what the comment was going for ~ so feel free to tone down those fireworks :)

Archived