Chapala.com Webboard

Last Big Storm of Season

CHILLIN

Just received word in PV that CFE will be cutting all power at 2:00 PM. Drizzle and light winds right now but it suddenly got much cooler. PV is locked down. No buses, taxis and very few cars out. Bathtub is full of water since without power our building has no water pressure. Our gas will also be cut when our handyman leaves. Kindles are charged, hopefully it's a whole lot of boredom and nothing worse.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elke posted elsewhere that the military had been by to tell them to evacuate by 1 p.m. She later posted that they had decided to stay.

Hope they know what they're doing. Mother Nature can be one scary bitch. Their place is not that far from the beach.

Where is Elke posting?

THIS JUST IN FROM LCS IN AJIJIC

In deference to the local and state government's request to remain at
home
due to weather conditions caused by Hurricane Patricia, the Lake
Chapala
Society will be closed on Saturday, October 24, 2016.

The Ajijic Delgado has
asked the LCS to be prepared to serve as a
shelter in case of an emergency.
If and when we are notified the LCS
will provide our facilities to the
community:

Other shelters in Ajijic include:

* The Cultural Center on
the plaza in Ajijic
* Marcos Castellanos Elementary School on the corner of
Marcos
Castellanos and the Parroquie across from San Andres Church
* Saul
Rodeles Elementary School on Hidalgo between Juaraz and
Aquiles Serdan

As
Hurricane Patricia moves inland, it will continue to produce heavy
rainfall,
wind, and dangerous conditions. Persons located inland in
the path of
Hurricane Patricia should take appropriate measures to
ensure their safety,
particularly those located in areas prone to
flooding or
mudslides.

Floradude, I do not have water without electricity, join the club so I buy some and store it.I San Cristobal last year we were without a drop of water for a month..so one can live that way, it is not comfortable but it can be done.

As one who's lived in places with long standing power outages, I suggest that if you have a bathtub, fill it so you'll at least have "flushing" and hand washing water.

As one who's lived in places with long standing power outages, I suggest that if you have a bathtub, fill it so you'll at least have "flushing" and hand washing water.

Haha, yeah, ours has been full since this morning. Hurricane info 101.

Probably know by some, but.... the most severe part of a hurricane is the 'right' side. It is that side that will experience the greatest storm surge prior to and even after landfall. "Some" are predicting a 30' storm surge from this monster storm. I think it would be folly to try and ride out this storm especially on that side.

I've been watching this all along. The graph had been showing Patricia downgraded to Tropical storm as it passes over us and Guadalajara.

Now it's showing Cat 3. http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=12.9&lon=-96.8&zoom=6&rad=0&wxsn=0&svr=0&cams=0&sat=0&riv=0&mm=0&hur=1&hur.wr=0&hur.cod=1&hur.fx=1&hur.obs=1&fire=0&ft=0&sl=0

Archived