Chapala.com Webboard

Telecable major problems

canmexdave

I have had terrible service over the last week or so with Telecable.

Twice in the last week service was out for about 20 hours overnight.

Internet and phone not working. Cable TV was working.

2 other times was getting .25Mbs transfer at speedtest.net for couple hours and no phone.

Already two visits to office but that's a waste of time as they don't know anything.

Call the listed number to report problem and keep getting disconnected.

I live in Villa Nova and was wondering if the problem is my modem, cable connection to modem, or if large area is having problems.

Today at about 1PM was not able to connect to internet for 2 hours, sometimes getting .25M transfer and often not completing test.

I have opted out of Telecable. The last straw is when they took off CNN on the basic subscription. Chapala says this comes from Mexico City. They are obviously trying to shove everyone in to package deals including digital, which costs more. They have been busy changing their service and screwing up because they never wait to check what they are doing when they are "upgrading" before they sic it onto their clients. I opted out about a week or two ago, and they had screwed up many things besides CNN.

Thanks for posting the contact info.

I was with Telecable about 2 years ago and endured the run around for 3 months when they had big problems down my way.

Would call the local office and no one ever answered. Made at least 10 trips told guy would come and it took at least 3 visits.

Then one day I noticed they were just letting the phone ring and sitting on their butts gabbing. They could care less.

Seems things may have not changed. Tech was to come today and of course no show.

I just want to get an idea if others having problems with internet in west Ajijic

Yes but I have problems with BOTH of them now, telecable and telmex, so I just switch back and forth. It's annoying because I HAD good service with both of them and I'm still in the same location and haven't changed anything else. First it was Telmex that was great and then crappy...then Telecable was great and now crappy....now they both range between mediocre and crappy. Not much bang for the buck there.

I know it's not supposed to make a difference but there is definitely more of a slowdown on the weekends.

Sorry you are having bad luck with Telecable. I only use them for TV. luckily my TV works great and I even get CNN in HD. Sure I needed to upgrade to digital, just like we had to in Canada and the US

In fact for the last perhaps 4 years Canada and the US don't even have old fashioned analog TV like we still have here in Mexico (Channels 2 through about 90)

Archived