Chapala.com Webboard

New Thai restaurant

El Cartero

Well it's been there for 9 months but new to us. Haven't read or heard about so thought I'd pass along the information. Located beside the building that houses Daniels the Jeweler on Hidalgo in Ajijic. The cook is Thai and partnered with the really nice man/family that owned the original Tepetate at that location which closed a couple of years ago for family reasons.

Anyway, loved it before and loved it now! Provecho!

• 5 weeks later...

We've been there several times (and I know this is an older posting), but just wanted to recommend that folks try this place. Everything is made from scratch and, oh boy, is it good! The appetizers (especially the huge bowls of soup) are meals in themselves. The owner and staff really make you feel welcome. The two of us each had a (huge) soup to start, a regular entrée (curry for him and a chicken-type salad for me, but it's not a salad as we normally think of it--very different, but an amazing seasoning), 2 glasses of wine and a lemongrass tea. Total was $550mxn. It was definitely a bargain. FWIW, I actually have enough leftovers for 2 more meals...if I can keep hubby away from them!

Archived