Chapala.com Webboard

NO LICENCES IN OCOTLAN

sasesofe

Made the trip to Ocotlan DMV with all my papers and copies, stood in line for an hour+, paid 40p for a piece of paper to say I was there and then I was sent upstairs. There were 2 people ahead of me to have my pic taken and to continue the process only to be told they were

NOT ISSUING DRIVERS LICENCES TO RESIDENTS OF CHAPALA.

We would have to go to Guadalajara. This is a result of the new admin that came into being the first of October. Why they would keep it a big secret, who knows but definitely a black mark.

Made the trip to Ocotlan DMV with all my papers and copies, stood in line for an hour+, paid 40p for a piece of paper to say I was there and then I was sent upstairs. There were 2 people ahead of me to have my pic taken and to continue the process only to be told they were

NOT ISSUING DRIVERS LICENCES TO RESIDENTS OF CHAPALA.

We would have to go to Guadalajara. This is a result of the new admin that came into being the first of October. Why they would keep it a big secret, who knows but definitely a black mark.

Thanks for the update. Does anyone know the physical address in Guad. of the DMV. Thanks!

See my post about Plaza de Torres. VERY easy to get there. Opens 8:30 am to 2:30 pm. Mon - Fri.

Located in the shopping mall (second floor) named Plaza de Torres that is on the NW corner of 8 de Juilo and Lazaro Cardenas.

Get onto Lazaro Cardenas as you arrive into Guad, then take 8 de Julio / IMSS exit. (IMSS Hopsital is on NE corner of same lateral. ) When on lateral, go past hopsital and through intersection (still on lateral) at traffic light but be prepared immediately for right turn into underground parking lot under Plaza de Torres.

Piece of cake!

See my post about Plaza de Torres. VERY easy to get there. Opens 8:30 am to 2:30 pm. Mon - Fri.

Located in the shopping mall (second floor) named Plaza de Torres that is on the NW corner of 8 de Juilo and Lazaro Cardenas.

Get onto Lazaro Cardenas as you arrive into Guad, then take 8 de Julio / IMSS exit. (IMSS Hopsital is on NE corner of same lateral. ) When on lateral, go past hopsital and through intersection (still on lateral) at traffic light but be prepared immediately for right turn into underground parking lot under Plaza de Torres.

Piece of cake!

Is a translator allowed to help you for your test? My Spanish is limited.

Piece of cake!

Plaza de Torres ONLY does Renewals.

The foreigners tend to pay off people for their driverĀ“s licence hence closing of offices. Those who have been paying only have themselves to blame for the closing of the offices..God forbid the transitos would be to blame .The solution to stop that corruption is to close the office and have everyone go to Guadalajara. Not a bad idea.

Not entirely true. Remember the transito in Chapala who charged 500 or you failed the driving test and then split it with the rest of the staff there? Many people reported that scam until an investigation finally closed that office.

Guadalajara has always been the best, only and only scam free place for new licenses or renewals, but some just refuse to make the trip, look for an easy way out and suffer the consequences.

Not clear whether English Rose was FIRST time or renewal, because Curmudgeon is right -- P de Torres only does renewals. I think the only place you can go for a NEW one is the main office up above the large glorieta "La Normal" (Alcalde and Avila Camacho) to the next glorieta at Alcalde and Circunvalacion DivisiĆ³n del Norte -- NE corner. Movilidad web site does not give street address number but buildings are very evident.

Gary 0131 -- I went with my husband when he had to take test for chofer license (because he bought a pick-up truck) and I think but cannot swear that I was allowed to translate the questions and the choices, but was not allowed to assist/hint at answers. A staff person watched over us very carefuly. But that was 3 years ago........ in Chapala.......

Maybe Spencer is the better one to answer that question.

Archived