Chapala.com Webboard

garmemorial

I see it now, but not in the text of the complaint.thank you for pointing this out. much obliged

.what did the police do ? did they take a sample for testing ? did yourselves ?

food poisoning is a bad business, i know from personal experience, but that was from sea food, not from mexico i hasten to add.nor america nor canada. France actually., but it hasnt changed my opinion of them.

I have been sick from eating there twice, also told them about it, my comments fell on deaf ears..We will never go there especially after the police were called

There are following the first rule on "how to ruin your business".

Too bad, It's a nice location.

Many of us have learned to stay away from there for a variety of reasons and experiences, such as yours. Sorry, you did not know.

Seriously, they called the cops because you would not pay for rancid food? How crazy is that? What a fun country. Never a dull moment. Time to start a blog on your adventures.

The police told us to pay the bill which we did.

Next they brought us a to go container with the rancid food. We offered it to the policeman. He REFUSED it

what a miserable experience. Who of us after reading this would want to go to this restaurant? And I mean, even if garmemorial was wrong in his judgement of the meat. What kind of treatment is this, to call the police and for what?

You might not notice it but Mexicans are not always kind to the foreigners. There is a lot of Mexican discrimination to us from other countries. I am fluent on Spanish and they pretend to be nice and polite but since I look gringo they usually think I do not understand what they say, I hear their conversations regarding foreigners and you would be surprised about the comments. They seem to be nice but beware.

You might not notice it but Mexicans are not always kind to the foreigners. There is a lot of Mexican discrimination to us from other countries. I am fluent on Spanish and they pretend to be nice and polite but since I look gringo they usually think I do not understand what they say, I hear their conversations regarding foreigners and you would be surprised about the comments. They seem to be nice but beware.

Nice is as nice does. I don't think much about what others are thinking about foreigners, but I wouldn't blame them sometimes if they considered us rude. We've all seen examples of foreigners making fools of themselves in the way they treat Mexicans.

HOWEVER; even if the meat wasn't bad (and meat that smells bad is sure to be bad) this incident was mishandled by the restaurant as well as the police.

Personally, I have a collection of restaurants where we have been treated with courtesy and served fresh, well prepared food. The one in this thread isn't among them. After this story.........no way.

With one quick, shallow decision, The Beer Garden has effectively killed any business they might have had for years, from those familiar with this board. On the other hand, they killed my business already with their lousy quality. They stay open for two reasons: weekend crowds, and those nights when The Tall Boys play there.

There is a restaurant two doors east of them which has far superior food and a great bar, with good service, run by a very friendly family. Their cheese-stuffed bacon-wrapped shrimp is the best. And yet they too suffer from lack of patronage, mostly because they don't have an open front patio with a corner view.

Location location..it is the reason why many places with a good location or a good view do not have to try as hard...I guess the beer garden is to drink beer and lots of it and they do not care bout the food..a shame.

THat police story remind me of something that happen when I was having dinner at the Summit restaurant in Chicago. A very famous rock band singer whoed up with his entourage and ordered the best, at the end of dinner they told the owner they should be comp..ed because they brought publicity whereever they went and they refused to pay...the owner called the olice on them and they paid... no comparaison which what happend here but I had never been in a fancy restaurant and seen the police show up for non payment..

Gosh,I also am a gringo fluent in Spanish,and haven't experienced what you describe,if I thought that sort of attitude was prevalent,which I don't think it is,I'd probably move somewhere else.

mister moster maybe those comments are for your benefit, I speak Spanish and am around mostly Mexicans and never heard anyone talk badly about foreigners without any reason. As far as descrimination it exists everywhere but as a rule I do not feel particularly discriminated against here.

I ran into a funny situation. I went to get my INE card in San Cristobal and the whole place was bet crowded mostly by indigenous. The people from INE were very nice to me and they asked me to go in front of the line, which embarrassed the heck out of me but the line was very long so I went ahead..just to find out they put me in front not because I was white but because I was old..Sometimes one see what one want to see or hear..

• 2 weeks later...

I just googled it. I'm sure it's said with lots of affection. :)

I agree,I just thought it was an amusing phrase that would get some of the Texans on this board googling.:)

Archived