Chapala.com Webboard

INAPAM card

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LCS has no date for doing this and is not accepting applications yet. Please do not make a wasted trip based upon misinformation.

I think a telephone call to LCS would suffice to determine when they will again be doing that service. The fact that LCS does do this periodically is not misinformation and for those who don't already know that and don't want to make a trip to Guadalajara, it might be useful to know.

Geesh. ^_^

Apparently you cannot do INAPAM in Chapala any more , only DIF, and since I want to use the card elsewhere in Mexico (leaving soon) I need the national card. I'm told there are several offices in Guadalajara, walk in with your paperwork and walk out w/ your card. After a wait, no doubt.

Is this something new? A friend received an INAPAM card in Chapala a couple of months ago without any problem.

LCS does not do this periodically. They did it once and it did not go as scheduled. My guess is that they are not anxious to attempt it again, so have no date to give you if you ask. Guadalajara is a beautiful city to visit, and the Palacio Federal is at 500 Alcalde, the same place many have visited for INM business when the Chapala office was in limbo.

LCS has now done this twice - the second time went fairly smoothly and 233 INAPAM applications were processed.

LCS does not itself determine the dates and has not yet been advised of the next time frame for receiving and then card return.

LCS does not do this periodically. They did it once and it did not go as scheduled. My guess is that they are not anxious to attempt it again, so have no date to give you if you ask. Guadalajara is a beautiful city to visit, and the Palacio Federal is at 500 Alcalde, the same place many have visited for INM business when the Chapala office was in limbo.

They have done it twice this year. I received mine earlier in the year and my husband received his a few months ago. The point here is about convenience, not the beauty of Guadalajara, si?

RV.......I appreciate your continuing interest in the Lakeside area and we miss you, but it's difficult to keep up with current events here, from Arizona.

Looking at th Federal building in Guadalajara gdo not enter it via the stairs go on the right hanside around the corner , it is were the entrance is for INAPAM.

I will await (not holding my breath) with interest the posters experience......and maybe an alternative procedure for folks not wanting to wait the next LCS announcement

Thanks. I guess I'll wait until LCS does another round and get a new one.

ISIL lab has never questioned mine. In fact, only one place did on the trip to Michoacan.

Good to know: Walmart Pharmacy gives a larger discount in the first week of the month for INAPAM card holders. Tested that this month. True.

I know that Chapala wasn't issuing Inapam cards for a long time but I went there about 4 weeks ago and they had them and I got mine in about 20 minutes. You have to bring proof of address, photos, copy of ID and you need to fill out a form but the lady did it right there on the spot. And I know people who went there after I did, so unless things have changed in the past 3 weeks I believe they are still issuing cards.

It's the DIF building that is on Calle Degollado in Chapala, on the left hand side of the street about three blocks down from the main Avenida.

Archived