Chapala.com Webboard

Romeo and Julieta Gelato

lumieretoo

The other day we bought 2 scoops each of Romeo & Julieta Gelato on the Chapala malecon. While we sat, slowly savoring our selections, we found out we no longer need to leave Ajijic for this pleasure.

Ajiijic location is at the bottom end of Colon (Morales) street, between La Casa de Cafe and the Old Posada. It is a tiny storefront, easy to walk past it. They offer 6 flavors of gelato and 3 of fruit sherbet with scoops starting at $20 pesos for 1, $35 for 2, $50 for 3.

14y69tt.jpg

spjamr.jpg

Oh. I know about the one in San Antonio Tlaycapan. Why would someone say that was Ajijic?

Maybe they haven't been here long enough to differentiate?

Nah, I've been here for 11 years. Just don't differentiate the different neighborhoods that much. Just like most people don't have a clue as to where I live.

I might be mistaken on the number of gelato places. I could swear that I saw another one next to his pizza shop but that might belong to someone else.

Nah, I've been here for 11 years. Just don't differentiate the different neighborhoods that much. Just like most people don't have a clue as to where I live.

I might be mistaken on the number of gelato places. I could swear that I saw another one next to his pizza shop but that might belong to someone else.

They are not neighborhoods. San Antonio Tlaycapan is as much a separate village as Ajijic is. They are both separate and equal parts of Chapala.

Didn't mean to touch on such a sensitive subject. Of course not everything on the north shore is Ajijic. But if someone were to ask me where I live I generally reply south of Guadalajara and north of Chapala. I've got better things to worry about.

Sorry if you feel insulted. I had no idea where you live is such a secret that even you don't know.

This is getting ridiculous. What does that even mean? I'm not the one getting bent out of shape because where I live might be confused with somewhere else. You seem to be the one that's insulted. This was a thread about gelato that you made into an attack because I accidentally included San Antonio Tlayacapan with Ajijic. I'm thankful if this is the worst mistake that I'll make in the rest of my life. If it makes you feel better, a thousand pardons.

We went past the Morelos location this morning on the way to the malecón and the ice-cream chest has a large typed sign on it, in Spanish and English, indicating that this location is independent and is neither owned by the owner of the other two locations nor is the product provided by the other locations. So, somehow, different product, different owner, same name. For sure fewer selections are offered.

Actually, the San Antonio location and the Chapala one WERE owned by the same people (father and son).

He told me he SOLD the two locations to someone else because he and his son could not agree...... we did not take it further than that as it was none of my business, but the older man is obviously saddened at this turn of events.

The father now owns the pizza place referred to in the food court at plaza across from Walmart ( Interlago??) but has no involvement with Romeo y Julieta any more. I would guess the new owner is the one who has opened in Ajijijc down by the lake.

The Gelato place next to the pizza place (same plaza) is a separate entity from Romeo y Julieta, and also from the older man's pizza place.

Didn't mean to touch on such a sensitive subject. Of course not everything on the north shore is Ajijic. But if someone were to ask me where I live I generally reply south of Guadalajara and north of Chapala. I've got better things to worry about.

Deleted due to confusion.

Archived