Chapala.com Webboard

Earthquake of 1995

lumieretoo

Remembrance of a sad day in Manzanillo. After the earthquake of October 9, 1995, hundreds of volunteers and army personnel participated in the rescue of victims who died in the collapse Costa Real Hotel, which was located on the boulevard.

Today marks 20 years, which left 42 dead in Colima and some 35 thousand people homeless. The epicenter was off the coast of Colima and Jalisco, and had a magnitude of 8 degrees.

[www.diariodecolima.com]
[www.nytimes.com]

2gw8gih.jpg

v642de.jpg34hbbqr.jpg

Next time if you know you are putting something in the wrong forum, put it the right one instead so we don't have to move it.

Thanks.

Huh???? Sipping a little, or just munching on confused logic with your morning coffee? Whatever the reason, Three cheers for a simply astounding post.

Logic arguments aside, it seems to me there are a lot of "I remember posts" on this board that don't get moved, cause no harm and are displays of respect. Why take issue with this one? The adult thing to do would be to admit a mistake, move it back and then move on.

Huh???? Sipping a little, or just munching on confused logic with your morning coffee? Whatever the reason, Three cheers for a simply astounding post.

Logic arguments aside, it seems to me there are a lot of "I remember posts" on this board that don't get moved, cause no harm and are displays of respect. Why take issue with this one? The adult thing to do would be to admit a mistake, move it back and then move on.

Read your own subheading: "The wrong forum but remember." It is right under your title and name line when the thread is opened. See below.

That would suggest that you intentionally put the thread in the wrong place.

The adult thing to do would be to put things in the proper place when you know what that is instead of the Mods having to move it. Also, you would find that it would be more visible in the correct section, "Mexico General" because the lower thread volume there would result in it being on the first page much longer.

photo-thumb-25004.jpg?_r=1437087080
Earthquake of 1995
Started by lumieretoo, Yesterday, 02:36 PM
The wrong forum but REMEMBER

Archived