Chapala.com Webboard

DL Renewal Plaza de Torres

Natasha

I have used this location several times in the past, but now need to take a friend there (to translate) and know they made some changes to system last year and can't find the web site for contact info.

Anyone gone there recently that can answer:

(1) is it still 10 - 2 operating hours (M-F)

(2) do you know how many they take a day?

(3) do they make pre-arranged appointments?

I ask #3 one because I was on the Jalisco State web site and it implies yes, but not necessarily at Plaza de Torres (?), however I cannot make the link they post work.

(4) If no pre-arranged appts., do you have to get there at the crack of dawn to have a hope of getting done that day?

Thanks for any help you can offer. We would like to avoid two trips if we can!

I have used this location several times in the past, but now need to take a friend there (to translate) and know they made some changes to system last year and can't find the web site for contact info.

Anyone gone there recently that can answer:

(1) is it still 10 - 2 operating hours (M-F)

(2) do you know how many they take a day?

(3) do they make pre-arranged appointments?

I ask #3 one because I was on the Jalisco State web site and it implies yes, but not necessarily at Plaza de Torres (?), however I cannot make the link they post work.

(4) If no pre-arranged appts., do you have to get there at the crack of dawn to have a hope of getting done that day?

Thanks for any help you can offer. We would like to avoid two trips if we can!

(1) is it still 10 - 2 operating hours (M-F) -- Yes

(2) do you know how many they take a day? -- I don't think this is controlled, There's hardly anyone there

(3) do they make pre-arranged appointments? -- We did not have an appointment. First come, first serve. You just wait in line.

Make sure you have copies of your passport (first page) your DIF card. If you don't have copies, there's a girl doing it for you.

Make sure you just have everything checked by the guy who is sitting at the table by the window.. First we waited in line at the office and they sent us around the corner for our papers to be checked.

It's an easy process. It took us one hour at the most even with copies and the wait in the line for nothing.

Movilidad is doing license renewals at the Fiestas de Octubre as well as Expo Ganadera (located at cross of Lazaro Cardenas and Carretera Chapala) and on weekends too for those who cannot get away during the week. They are doing license certifications (for lost stolen licenses) at the Fiestas de Octubre location.

Wow -- thank you Spencer! Expo Ganadera would be super easy ( and close). Do you know what hours? Do you know if they are inside the gates or outside? (Am familiar with the site.)

Also, again, anyone know the limit on persons per day??

(I am familiar with this process, having done my own at P de T in 2008 and 2012, but know they made some changes last summer, and that's why I'm checking.)

And thank you also to MxCompadre -- I had that link written down somewhere... but you know how THAT goes!

Just talked to main Movilidad office. Expo Ganadero license booth is open all month of October, 9 am to 6 pm, inside the fairgrounds.

Requirements for renewal of Jalisco license: Passport, FM, proof of residence, and CURP -- original and copies. Also existing license (original).

If all documents in order, you get license same day. Cost for car driver $440 pesos. (Chofer -- for pick-up trucks and above $542). Can be paid right there.

Y-E-S-S-S-!!

Took Priscilla today (as translator) to Expo Ganadero site, since Movilidad office had assured me they were they every day 9 - 6.

I got in free (INAPAM card) and while Priscilla was buying ticket, asked staff at entrance where Movilidad booth was. They were definite in stating "Oh no, Señora, they 're only here Thursday through Sunday". Then hauled out program, and sure enough, in the center portion with map of site, was a teensy litttle display ad that said (in Spanish) "Thursday to Sunday 10 - 6". Ran back and told Priscilla not to pay -- no reason to go in!

Drat!! We just gave a young lady 80 pesos to let us park inside her locked cochera right across from entry gate! (Regular parking lot was not open yet.)

OK -- go to option B (thank heaven it was still only 11:00 am) and off to Plaza de Torres, not knowing for sure what system they are currently using.

Pleasant surprise. No fichas (take a number) like they were doing in summer 2014. Also not much of a line-up (totally lucky break). While man who checks documents was doing his thing, told him of our experience at Expo. He was astounded -- and insistent that the gate staff were wrong. Said he himself has put in some shifts over there, and they are open every day EXCEPT MONDAY.

Now not sure what to tell anyone heading that way, but we breezed thru' P d T so no big deal since Abastos was the next stop.

Please note: Same man also told me he was very happy Priscila had a translator with her, since none of the staff at P d T speaks English, and they get a lot of foreigners there (easiest location from Chapala) and it can cause them some serious headaches.

And by the way, young lady insisted on giving us our money back since we only got as far as the front gate! (We told her to keep some as a "thank you" but were happy to get the rest back.)

Another day -- another Mexican adventure.........

Archived