Chapala.com Webboard

My neighbor has two roof dogs,one is a constant yapper,the other is a pit bull who occasionally jumps off the roof to attack people who pass by,one neighbor,a retired doctor broke his ankle running away from this vicious animal,another time one of the water delivery guys had to climb a fence to avoid being attacked.I don't feel sorry for them,at all.

I do feel sorry for them. Bad owner.

Perhaps you should post an address for us so we can wary of this pit bull. It's dangerous.

Lexy

Oh, she's a bad owner alright,but she's not the one yapping or attacking people it's her dogs.

The address is in Guadalajara.

Easy folks.....Dogs and cats lakeside have it good compared to situation described in Guad. Keep it in mind please. Do you remember a few years ago when we had loose packs of Dogs running around at night in parts of Ajijic??? It was scary a little. The roof dog issue is fire. Use to think I knew until I lived next to a roof dog near plaza in Ajijic. Gained respect for them. Good ones and bad ones but I agree with Al Barka (joke). I use to carry a heavy walking stick in Ajijic. I don't feel the need anymore if that says anything.

We met with a Mexican doctor on Monday, he is very interesting gentleman and a lot of fun. He was telling us many in Guadalajara treat their domestic help very poorly. He was saying that the worse thing to call a female was "la gata". As far as he knows this is only in Jalisco. This is offensive because often the help has to work on the roof of the house, making them nothing more than "roof cats".

The people owning these roof dogs will get what they deserve in rainy season. So many of the older home roofs leak here - all that filth and smell leaking into the house.

Archived