Chapala.com Webboard

Rudy's last dog needs a good home.

Posting for a neighbor.

About 2 months ago, a very nice man known as Rudy who spent most of his time in front of that little grocery store La Huerta, on the Carretera in West Ajijic, was struck by a bus and died.

Homes were found for two of his dogs, but a home is needed for the dog we refer to as "Buster".

Buster is very sweet, in good health, and I think is pretty young - maybe 1-3 years old. Right now he is being cared for by a nice neighbor who is already overburdened with 18 cats and 6 dogs. He cannot come inside as he will attack cats, so she puts food and water outside for him and he hangs out in front of her home.

He is well fed and she does let him in when it rains, but this sweet dog needs a forever home. He doesn't not get along with cats. He does well with dogs, but I do believe he will need a firm hand in learning how to not be aggressive with other dogs upon meeting. I think once he gets snipped that may help.

He is sweet, smart and I hope someone out there can help this boy out. I think he'd be an excellent guard dog, and he is very good with humans. No idea or experience of how he is around children.

Please PM if you know of anyone that can foster or otherwise help. My neighbor is really having a hard time caring for so many animals and while all her animals are in great health, its taking a toll on her. I believe she has tried to have the dog "shelters" (I think they are more like ranches?) take him, and offered 1,000 pesos and food, but so far the shelters simply have no room.

Archived