Chapala.com Webboard

Laredo Consulate changes

Intercasa

A client just informed me that he was turned away at the Laredo, Texas Mexican consulate because he didnt have an appointment and that they said the visa process now takes 3 days. This seems to be a drastic change from before. Has anybody else experienced this?

Let me make a guess: Some consulates had an easy life of liesure until the new INM and Aduana rules were changed, increasing their traffic and the demand for services not part of SRE responsibility. So, this may be their way of protesting and/or discouraging such an imposition upon their facility. ¿Posible?

Needed an appointment for much of past 2 weeks. Hard to get phone answered though.

Laredo1612 Farragut St - Laredo, TX 78040Tel: (956) 723-0990 / (956) 723-6369; 877-639-4835

saludos

Sonia

Needed an appointment for much of past 2 weeks. Hard to get phone answered though.

Laredo1612 Farragut St - Laredo, TX 78040Tel: (956) 723-0990 / (956) 723-6369; 877-639-4835

saludos

Sonia

I have been calling for at least two weeks, always get a recording telling me to enter an extension. I am giving up on Laredo. How is the San Antonio Consulate? Need appointment? Do they answer the phone?

Thanks Sonia, your info is always so helpful.

Appointment page online has been giving Oracle database errors https://mexitel.sre.gob.mx/

If you don't speak very good Spanish, you are SOL using their phone numbers and like Brownsville and McAllen, you have to go to get an appointment. It may be in 10 minutes or two days.

That's really crummy since they are located in the US. They should speak English.

I have had two clients make appointments in past few days but had to be persistent.

Also, consul@srelaredo.org

I called Laredo this morning. I just hit 0 for the extension. The woman who answered didn't speak English but I told her what I needed and was transferred to Alejandro. He tried to insist that I schedule online but when I told him it wasn't working and going to Oracle he made the appt. over the phone. BTW, he spoke English.

I have been trying to get an appointment in Laredo to start the process to become permanent for the last two weeks. The web page was down and the consulate was not much help. I contacted Spencer a couple go days ago and he got the appointments for me and my wife. He says that he makes good things happen and he does.

I have been trying to get through to make an appointmemt for a month or more. The weblink does not work. I finally got someone to answer the phone at the Laredo Consulate. He spoke english. He told me I had to call the 800 number, which I had been calling for weeks already. He said they won't make an appointment on the phone anymore. The 800 number is saying lines are busy, call later

Someone told me they heard there was an unofficial work slowdown at Laredo. Anyone know about that? I am looking at San Antonio now.

Spencer is amazing. Unfortunately I cannot afford to pay for a facilitator for this.

I have been trying to get through to make an appointmemt for a month or more. The weblink does not work. I finally got someone to answer the phone at the Laredo Consulate. He spoke english. He told me I had to call the 800 number, which I had been calling for weeks already. He said they won't make an appointment on the phone anymore. The 800 number is saying lines are busy, call later

Someone told me they heard there was an unofficial work slowdown at Laredo. Anyone know about that? I am looking at San Antonio now.

Spencer is amazing. Unfortunately I cannot afford to pay for a facilitator for this.

There is Del Rio, San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas. Surely you can get into one of those without a problem. I bet Del Rio isn't that busy.

Evidently, things have changed quite a bit. We went last month and they didn't make appointments. If you know someone who is going there, maybe they could schedule it for you. I know the phone set up is lousy as I had the same problems calling there.

Here's a wild thought--maybe people could get together and go as a group, all appointments set up on the same day in one phone call.

With setting up appointments they want name, birth date, passport number and personal info. My office will be making apointments for people if they need it.

Archived