Chapala.com Webboard

Best chicken soup , lots of vegables with lake view

traderspoc

Just had a great large bowl of chicken soup, while watching the lake at old posada ( Maria Isabel )

I just needed a pick me up something hot with liquid, was remembering my grandmothers chicken soup when was a kid and i wasn't feeling well.

The chicken soup worked feeling better.

Just like my grandmothers soup. lots of vegetables.

The view of the lake was relaxing,

Love the location, but have never had a decent meal there. Have tried it at least 6 times. Okay for a cold drink.

I'm with you. Never had any good food there, but one of us got sick on the first visit. Gave it a second chance. What can you conclude when the chicken taco has cool chicken in it? Coffee's okay. Beautiful location. Darn shame.

Love the location, but have never had a decent meal there. Have tried it at least 6 times. Okay for a cold drink.

Hmm. . . . I seem to recall another poster on this board from a few months back also raving about the chicken soup served at this place. Perhaps it's the one stellar food item on offer?

I must admit I've not been terribly impressed with my food selections at Maria Isabel, though I have yet to try their chicken soup. I do, however, find the atmosphere and scenery of this lakefront restaurant inviting, the servers polite, the guacamole acceptable for an afternoon snack, and the margaritas decent.

Joyfull, have you tried their chicken soup?

Hmm. . . . I seem to recall another poster on this board from a few months back also raving about the chicken soup served at this place. Perhaps it's the one stellar food item on offer?

I must admit I've not been terribly impressed with my food selections at Maria Isabel, though I have yet to try their chicken soup. I do, however, find the atmosphere and scenery of this lakefront restaurant inviting, the servers polite, the guacamole acceptable for an afternoon snack, and the margaritas decent.

Joyfull, have you tried their chicken soup?

My take on it: Sit outside, enjoy the lake view and order some cold drinks, chips and MAYBE guacamole, since less than very fresh onions can be a big problem.

Archived