Chapala.com Webboard

Speeding...big mistake...

DeborahM

Should be able to pay at Oxxo. That should be shown on the ticket.

If you were driving with U.S. plates, forget about it.

If you were driving with Mexican plates, if the address on your registration papers is still correct, they will send you the ticket. Pay it right away, much cheaper.

I'm not sure what you do if your address isn't the same one as on your current registration. Maybe someone can help out.

30% discount if paid within 10 days. If you get a ticket, just ask the cop where to pay it.

I got 50% off after 34 days recently.

You can go to the recaudadora on Degollado in Chapala, give them your license number and they will check the system to see if you have a ticket and if so how much you owe. Lineups virtually non existent these days.

THANK YOU! That's what I'll do, rather than wait for the ticket to arrive in the mail.

Thank you! I did that, they say nothing exists. I wonder if it takes a day or two for the ticket to be posted. I'll toddle down to the recaudadora I think.

It could take weeks to appear there.

Mine take about a month to arrive. I pay them at OXXO and get the 50% discount. ($381Pesos) The first one took over 6 weeks to arrive and I paid at the Recaurdadora and got no discount. BTW, the camera on the Chapala-Guad Hwy has been moved. Where did you get caught by photo?

How do you know you were issued a ticket?

You can check on line as was explained somewhere here on the forum maybe a month back. Sadly, I don't remember the URL (The www.?????.com) address where you would go to check.

Archived