Chapala.com Webboard

I am not a regular to the webboard, but was aware that there was a discussion about Pepe Negrete, the massage therapist. My wife and I have been using Pepe weekly for over three years during our seven winter months that we are here at Lakeside. During that time, we have seen a tremendous growth in his knowledge and techniques, though he was one of the best we had ever used, even back when we started with him. Pepe has been studying his profession for several years now, and has obtained his Mexican massage therapy certificates, similar to that of an RMT back home. We have encouraged guests and friends to use him, and everyone has raved about how professional and effective his treatments are, consistently saying he is the best they have ever had. Even my mother, who is 96, had several massages by him, and felt significantly better after his work with her. His capabilities and ability to assess a client's needs permit him to provide a range of treatment from the deepest tissue and therapeutic massage to gentle focused treatment of an acute injury, to treatment of the fragile and elderly with arthritic conditions and special needs.

I have had a lot of difficulty with my back, suffering from degenerative disc issues, etc. This has caused constant sciatic pain. Since I have been treated by Pepe, my condition is significantly improved to the point where I seldom am bothered by these issues, making my quality of life so much better, All the chiropractors and physiotherapists have not helped me as much as Pepe has. I cannot guarantee miracles, but I can guarantee that Pepe will make you feel tremendously better after he works his magic. Moreover, he is prompt, friendly, personable, bi-lingual, and extremely professional and trustworthy, providing his therapeutic massages in the convenience of your home. I highly recommend him to anyone wanting an excellent therapeutic massage, however I cannot recommend him on Monday afternoons at 2:30 to 4:30, as we have him booked, October to May, forever!

• 1 month later...

Bumping this up as I noticed someone is looking for a massage!   Great deep tissue.  Don't wait till last minute to book as he has gotten quite full... Many regulars.

• 1 month later...

Based on the impressive testimonials on this thread,  I made an appt. with Pepe last November and have been seeing him every week since then.  He is everything good that people have said and then some. My husband, who has never has a massage and never wanted one, is now having  weekly massages with him.  I feel like I am getting younger in my energy level and mental attitude as a result of these massages.

I am posting about him now because his regular snowbird clients are leaving and he has some vacancies in his schedule he would like to fill so it is a good time to have more choices of available times

He is a delightful person in addition to being a fabulous, gifted massage therapist. 

• 1 month later...

Personally, I would rather pay 400 for a deep tissue massage that does the trick, 

than less a "fluff" massage that is too easy to loosen the tense muscles.

If there is something which is tight, point this out, and Pepe will work it over.

One really should walk away from a massage feeling a release of such tension.

Pepe is the go to for that type of massage.

I've been getting a weekly massage from Pepe for the last few months and can't recommend him highly enough.  Best masseur I've ever had and a really nice guy.

He mentioned to me today that as some of his regular clients are heading back North soon he will be having some openings in his schedule.  His schedule is usually full so now might be a good time for anyone interested in a great massage to book an appointment.

1 minute ago, dennis clark said:

Is the email and phone number the same as the information 7 posts back. thanks for your facts.

Yes, that is the same.

• 3 years later...

The price for an hour massage is not 400 (That is a 2017 price).
Current (2021) pricing is 500 per hour.

• Like 1