Chapala.com Webboard

Seguro Popular Pharmacies

dencol

Thanks, San Antonio had some and they said go to the Chapala pharmacy that is on Zaragoza, could not find it. Any one know the exact location.

I don't know the address on Zaragoza but if you drive along that street, you will see several auto repairs (on the right side) including the one that has large orange signs posted on the lamp post. The pharmacy is opposite it. There is usually an open parking spot. That's the best I can do...good luck.

I know I went there and they said go to Chapala, I just need some one that knows the location. Chapala Seguro Popular told me it was on Zaragoza.

I have a script written from the clinic in San Antonio.

My wife and I belong to the ISSSTE clinc and hospital, a socialized medicine system for federal employees and their families, and last week we went to the clinic for our 30 day meeeting with our Dr. to get our monthly supply of medicines. There was a sign on the pharmacy window stating a new rule. No prescription will be filled if that date is not the date you are given the prescription. In other words if you wait one day you will need to see the Dr. again and get a new prescription. Hopefully Seguro Popular still doesn´t have this rule or you will need to go back for a new prescription. Seems all socialized medical systems here adopt the same new rules sooner or later.

Also the Seguro Popular has a new contract with the ISSSTE that if Seguro Popular doesn´t have a medicine available they will give you a voucher to get it at an ISSSTE pharmacy and vice versa as of this fall.

• 7 months later...
On September 29, 2015 at 6:16 PM, Jistme said:

Seguro Popular has a pharmacy right inside the San Antonio clinic, however they have a limited stock of medicines.

Where is the Seguro Popular clinic in San Antonio?

I signed up for SP in Chapala but didn't know there was a clinic in SA at the time. I'd like to check out the SA clinic. Do they speak any English there? My Spanish is improving but medical lingo can be tricky. Anyone try both Chapala and SA and find one better than the other?

Archived