Chapala.com Webboard

Fraudulent Drivers Licenses

El Cartero

Renewed drivers license in Guadalajara in 2011

Went to Ocotlan for 2015 renewal.

Clerk had an issue with the 2011 issues. Directed to a back room to meet with Department head and a Police Officer. They explained the old licenses were fraudulent and demonstrated how obvious it was to tell. License confiscated.

They also explained that had I been stopped by an officer during those 4 years I would have been carted off to jail to have the issue investigated as well as impounding the car.

I had to fill out a request to have the original license issue data to be provided in order to renew. Can not drive until it's straightened out.

Bottom line many of you may have fraudulent drivers licenses and I don't know how you know or not but bad things could happen if in an accident.

Astounding! The only reason I can think of to do that is for the clerk to pocket the money. Shameless corruption-how to avoid it?

Are you confident the people in Ocotlan were honest?

I don't know. The person in charge showed me his phone would scan the bar code on the drivers license but would not scan mine.

There was no renumeration or benefit involved for the Ocotlan people Cedros, because I even asked them how I was to know at which end the corruption was. I did it with a sense of humor which was met with laughter. As to Guad office it would take a cahier to be on colusion with the person who produces the license. At least I would think only two were involved. They way Ocotlan handled me I felt it was something of which they were aware and, I suspect, being, or had been, investigated.

I don't know. The person in charge showed me his phone would scan the bar code on the drivers license but would not scan mine.

There was no renumeration or benefit involved for the Ocotlan people Cedros, because I even asked them how I was to know at which end the corruption was. I did it with a sense of humor which was met with laughter. As to Guad office it would take a cahier to be on colusion with the person who produces the license. At least I would think only two were involved. They way Ocotlan handled me I felt it was something of which they were aware and, I suspect, being, or had been, investigated.

Which Guadalajara location did you go for your renewal in 2011?

Thought there was only one. Don't know our driver took us in.

I just renewed at Las Aguilas in Guad. There are so many steps to the procedure and different people to deal with, it's hard to imagine how they could pull off the fraud.

There were 40 people ahead of me in line so I would guess we would all be potential victims. The guard directing people through the process said they handle at least 500 renewals a day. I imagine there are at least a half dozen locations around Guad,

Trust me, drivers license originated in Guadalajara. Written test and driving plus motocycle. Last renewal was done in Guad in 2011. That new issue was fraudulant according to the officials in Ocotlan. Absolutely no hanky panky in obtaining anything. Perhas if we'd renewed again in Guad it would not have been addressed. Who knows!

In my case, after submitting paper work in one place, after a preliminary examination in another place, and then the interview, fingerprinting in another place, it would have to have been the lady who prints the new license and calls you when it is done.

It is such a busy place and she would have to have her own supply of fraudulent license forms that it would seem difficult to do. but anything is possible.

Ok thanks for the clarification and I can see it is pretty incredible they issued a fraudulent license there with the different steps you have to take..They must have a bunch of people involved in that scam because it seems difficults one person could do it.

The Alcade is where we get our licenses and thanks to you we checked to see if the holograms are there and they are.. that is really astonishing but I guess everything is possible.

The scary part is that by the time it is all over it would have been your falt for not seeing it was fraudulent and you would have had to prove your were the victim..

I can see being stopped on the road in the middle of nowhere and having to prove that... That is awful.

In my case, after submitting paper work in one place, after a preliminary examination in another place, and then the interview, fingerprinting in another place, it would have to have been the lady who prints the new license and calls you when it is done.

It is such a busy place and she would have to have her own supply of fraudulent license forms that it would seem difficult to do. but anything is possible.

OK bmh, my driver took us to the one on Alacade. Apparently there is only one in Guad. There are/is muni offices in Zapopan. So I went to the main office. It may be hard for you to believe but I don't drive in Guad!

There are many locations in Guad., not just Alcalde. As I said, I went to the location in Las Aguilas, which is on Lopez Mateos. In addition to the steps above, you had to pay the fee at a recaudadora before arriving to do the renewal, which I did in Chapala and they accepted the receipt in Guad.....all state of Jalisco.

Since they don't handle the fee money, what would be the purpose of the fraud?......just to see if they could do it?

Slainte, las aguilas is in Zapopan. May seem like Guad but it's not.

I thought, much like you suggested, the person who prints out the license had to be in collusion with one of the people taking the money. I have contacted, or at least sent him an email, the Security Chief of Vialidad. When I hear back I will post. Obviously the other possibility is somethings not kosher in Ocotlan. By getting Vialidad and my lawyer involved I hope to get some answers. When, if, I do I will post.

Now let's be very clear - I am absolutely NOT inferring that Cartero did anything wrong, but I know exactly how this scam would work here. A "facilitator" claims he/she has "someone on the inside" and can get you a license without even going into the office or taking a test. The fees for the license are collected, and extra fee for the facilitator is collected, and a shiny new official license is produced. The trouble is that it was produced with photoshop, a color laser printer, a laminator and general holographic tape - a very realistic but a complete phony. Card and document forgery is extremely easy today, and law enforcement cannot keep up or get ahead of the game.

Slainte, las aguilas is in Zapopan. May seem like Guad but it's not.

I thought, much like you suggested, the person who prints out the license had to be in collusion with one of the people taking the money. I have contacted, or at least sent him an email, the Security Chief of Vialidad. When I hear back I will post. Obviously the other possibility is somethings not kosher in Ocotlan. By getting Vialidad and my lawyer involved I hope to get some answers. When, if, I do I will post.

Zapopan it is.

Should have said "Greater Guadalajara Metropolitan Area", but since you said you don't drive In "Guad." or know locations, I didn't think it was important.

Your knowledge of "Guad" is better than you profess.

Archived