Chapala.com Webboard

Las Fiestas Patrias de San Francisco in Chapala

dichosalocura

For those who may be interested, the Fiestas Patrias de San Francisco in Chapala have now begun starting this Saturday night. It will be a novena as in it will continue for a total of 9 days with each day terminating with a fire work show with the famous castillo or Catherine's wheel. If you can only make it out to one night, don't miss the grand finale. In years past it ended with 3 castillos or Catherine´s wheels going at the same time, a most spectacular event. Hopefully, this year will be equally exciting.

I hope to see you all there!

Chapala centro with fireworks near the church and attactions and rides all along the boulevard parallel to the malecon. You cannot miss it. The fireworks are late in the evening; usually about 10:30 or so. I suggest that you skip supper, go to Chapala and wander about for the entire evening. There will be lots of street food and restaurants nearby for a sit down meal and a rest. Since parking is always a problem, I have known some to plant their car on the street in Chapala early in the day, taking a bus home and back to Chapala for the evening. Then, after the fireworks, they go to their conveniently parked car and drive home. Those of us who lived in Chapala centro had the luxury of walking the few blocks home. I miss that.

Fireworks were at a bit after 10pm last night from the booms and sprays heard from my home.

Archived