Chapala.com Webboard

Where to find IBC Tanks

Zeb

Where can I find these? They can be used as long as they contained only food grade items. Usually less costly that way too. They frequently would have contained syrups or something similar.

HD_173_M.jpg
IBC Tanks
Hold as much liquid as six 55-gallon drums. Use 20% less floor space.
  • Store and dispense water, pesticides or other liquids and powders.
  • Chemical-resistant HDPE tank surrounded by a galvanized steel cage.
  • Mounted to steel frame pallet for easy transport. 4-way fork access.
  • Stack up to 3 high.
  • 6" diameter fill cap, 2" diameter drain.
  • FDA compliant.

Going in to Guad or the Costco or Sams through Jocoteoec after you get on Lopez Mateos there are several places selling them and other empty plastic drums as well before Sams near the big curve on the west side of road. They are easy to see as they have them stacked up. There are also a couple of places on the Chapa;a Guadalajara Caraterra pn the west side before you get to the airport area.

Very common here, they usually are used for stealing gasoline

There is a place in SJC on the right hand side as you head towards Joco...there is a fruiteria on the other side. He has several on his lot

We drove over there the other day and did find the lot you are referring to. I do remember seeing them about a week ago, but at that time we were on our way somewhere else and didn't stop. I thought I could easily find it again, but no luck.

Although we did not find the one we had first seen, we did pass a junk type lot right on the carratera with a shop across the street. Didn't see any such containers there. Is that the one you are referring to?

Archived