Chapala.com Webboard

ex-telmex lineman?

TechnoNorm

Have you pushed this with Telmex? Are they stalling on their repair? One way to expedite that is to stop by Mario's Restaurant in San Antonio, most week days around 10 am. All the repair guys start the day with breakfast there. Take a copy of your service number that Telmex gave you when you reported it. Find out where you stand with them before trying to go around them would be my advice.

I sent you a p.m. just chock full of unwanted advice. :)

If you go to the engineering office opposite the Little Theater you can find out the status of any job order ..I do not think the guys in the coffee shop could care a sh**t, but could be interested in a side job and maybe save you and friends some money...

Ah talking to the guys at breakfast is excellent advice. You personalize the request and they usually end up giving you same morning service.

I have problems with infinitum and a couple of guys from telmex to my house, one told me evrything was fine, the second one showed me that one line had problem but it is in side so they do not do the work. I asked him for a recommendation and he told me to call Paul Contreras 331 335 0140.

My neighbors have problems as well. according to Telmex and they say it is because of the inside line as well.. I am leaving for a month so I am not going to call the man , I will worry about it when I come back. I will post.

I have called 5 times the 123 2222 number,It is the same story every time then wait 72 hours until it is fixed , then it goes bad again. They sent one person who said it was fixed and 2 minutes after he left the internet went down again.. On the fifth time, I refused to do the test and told them to fix the problem, they sent one man who checked every line and said he found the falty one. I had it with the problem and will handle it when I come back. but I will post after Sr, Contreras comes.

I entered the failure in TelMex's automated report system (01 800 123 0000) and they resolved the problem in about 24 hours.

If TelMex repair guys can fix the issue, they're generally okay. Some issues are beyond their immediate ability to fix and they often don't tell you. I found out that old, ratty wire had been used on my house, after years of complaints on poor quality. When they had new wire, they told me what the problem was and fixed it.

Internet availability should be checked carefully before deciding on a residential location. There are areas where phone lines are not available, and others where cable is not available. There are a few areas where you may not be able to get either one.

Its not just having phone lines but how far the phone lines are from the DSL switch that determines the maximum internet speed. My phone is fine but the line only tests out to 1.5 so for example no high speed DSL for me. Cable works differently so I get 10 and can watch HD over Internet.

So once again "it all depends".

Archived