Chapala.com Webboard

POWER OUTAGE, LIGHTS FLICKERING OFF AND ON

ezpz

ALL the lights in my neighborhood, near Plaza Bugambilias have been flickering out. That has been very common, almost monthly, in the Guadalupe Victoria area, but this time everything went out - all street lights and everything on the La Floresta side of Calle Juan Alvarez. THAT is rare - their lights rarely go out. Last time I checked they were still out on that side. Our side is on but I'm keeping candles burning just in case.

It feels like a storm is brewing - anyone have any info??

Gracias!!!

Huh. That is wide. I was with people at Hotel Real de Chapala (La Floresta) and we laughed about it. The hotel re-lit itself, and when we left, their generators had obviously turned on. All of LaF was out. I laughed all the way home to central/upper Ajijic until I discovered I was out of electricity also. But it's back on now. yay!

Rancho de Oro too. Considering the scope of it and the time of it, maybe it was one of their unannounced maintenance or upgrade projects? Sure wish they let us know so we could power down first. That much flickering can't be good for the electronics. A simple enclosure in our bills with a schedule of planned maintenance would suffice, or post it online at www.cfe.gob.mx for those of us who use that instead.

La Canacinta west of the Oxxo/Pemex in far west Ajijic. Lights were completely out for more than an hour. So far as I could see, not a light within sight, and no one on the roads unless they had to get home. I was caught in the middle of the house and had to feel my way to a flashlight--hadn't found it and was disoriented when the lights came back on for a few seconds, enabling me to turn on a battery-powered lantern before they went out again. Not sure when the lights came back on, because we went to bed and left one of the battery-powered lanterns on. I heard someone come in the condo gate, but I think they parked outside and felt their way in thru the side pedestrian gate. Makes me realize our little condo area needs a solar-powered emergency light by the gate. The gate itself has an emergency backup opener BUT you would have to find the switch in the dark! (Then we put a plastic flower pot over the sensor to keep the gate open.) Life is an adventure here sometimes, but I guess it keeps me from getting bored!

And there was a large green flare-up seen by someone near Chapala watching the power fluctuations in Ajijic... then a scary long series of ambulance and emergency vehicle sirens, as well as the power popping on and off. Something big happened last night...

Archived