Chapala.com Webboard

Absolutely fabulous lunch at El Rincon de Frida

camillenparadise

Yes, it involves a trip to Joco, but the Frida in New York salad I had there today would have been worth a drive to Guad! A variation on a Cobb salad that contained baby spinach leaves, kale, a perfect tomato, avocado, turkey, crunchy bacon, boiled egg, and more, MUCH more than I could eat. Their choices of tea are amazing. I had iced ginger mango....Soup of the day was cream of corn with a little spice to it. Many sandwiches to choose from, and a tamarindo margarita which sounded tempting. And oh, those roasted potatoes! I'd kill to know that secret recipe!

Drive in to Jocotepec to the big plaza. Turn left on Hidalgo. Frida is in the second block on your left, the east side of the street. Open Mon-Sat 10am til 11pm. Seats maybe 25 or so, great décor, clever, great attention to detail, and delicious food. Today was my first time there, but if I had known about them when I arrived the first of August, they'd have been my go-to comida joint! Glad I have another couple of weeks in Las Fuentes and can sample more of their menu.

Archived