Chapala.com Webboard

Dangerous location on highway to Guad.

Wookie

60 mph was not a misstatement. It is an alternative measure of speed that most folks understand.

I gave you the correction you asked for and wanted to make sure you were happy now.

Aren't you? :)

BTW, my brother is visiting again from a year ago and one of the first things he noticed is how much Chapala highway has deteriorated. Including the sunken part of the road.

That highway is bad enough in the day time. Try diving at night. Can't see the pot holes, can't see the highway half the time. Coming back from GDL most nites, especially on Sundays 90% of the cars coming towards you have their high beams on. Now you can't see anything. At nite and when it's raining it's totally dangerous.

After you pass the La Barca turn off there are no reflectors on either side of the road. You can barely see any road paint and there is nothing to block the high beams. That is a busy highway.

The Chapala mayor should be going after the Governor on our behalf. I'm in the process of writing the Governor to challenge him to drive that highway at night. Especially on Sunday nite.

If you're ever driving around the City Colima that highway has been beautifully done. Why can't we have that.???

We've always called that the 'FUNNY BUMP' in our family. It has been there for years, has gotten worse over time. The kids love it when I hit it hard. I've never caught air. That's what I get for driving a mini-van.

Archived