Chapala.com Webboard

You might have noticed there is some work being done at the S&S Auto car lot, contrary to many rumors going around - WE ARE STILL OPEN, just repaving and improving the lot to better serve you. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to get things back to normal soon. If you have any questions regarding vehicles or insurance, please call (765-4800) or drop by (Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm). Sincerely, Everyone at S&S Auto (Karen, Spencer, Monica, Stephanie, Mariana, Felipe, Eri, Nick and Eva)

Hopefully Baragan will provide a badly needed service that S&S seems to no longer be interested in - sourcing quality used cars and consignment sales for expats who do not have enough confidence (language, process) to do it themselves. If they do, the two businesses will not be competition but complimentary.

Quality used cars seems to me to be an oxymoron in Mexico. I've used S&S several times to sell my cars. I found I could always get a better price as a trade-in than it would fetch on the lot. I don't think the two will ever be in competition. I would personally never buy or sell a car without going thru S&S. they have a proven track record of honesty, integrity and reliability.

Daisy, the concern is that the dealer has a vested interest to sell you one of his cars. I use Spencer because he presents a broad range of vehicles impartially. He's working in your interest while the dealer works in his.

I knew what kind of car I wanted, so I shopped and got the best discount and service

Spencer did not do business with the dealer I bought from. He wanted to have me buy the same car from a different dealer. The purchase price I was able to get was less than he was offering and I had a greater choice of colors. My car was delivered to me at my home with all paperwork completed....competition is good.

I went directly to a dealer and first of all they all speak English and the discounts given are very large. No one should be intimidated.

First time I have heard that dealers give very large discounts on NEW CARS .. My understanding is the posted prices are firm and you may get some insurance or car mats thrown in..but prices are not discounted..perhaps other folks can comment, in particular folks who have used S&S ????

Well, please share with us your experience, dealer and % discount on a new car

Is there a particular reason why you want this info? I bought my own car from a used car dealer in Guad. I did my due diligence. NO matter how careful you are, things can still go wrong. You can't exactly rip apart a tranny while inspecting a potential car.

I got a very good price on an Xtrail, was delivered with all paperwork in order and for the last few years nothing has gone wrong (knock on wood). You just need to educate yourself on the process, be willing to shop around and negotiate, as with anything.

Spencer was unavailable to assist in finding me a used car (I believe his work is more on new cars) so I did it myself.

I don't think anyone here owes anyone where they bought their car, or their discount or experience...unless I'm missing your intent behind your question?

Is there a particular reason why you want this info? I bought my own car from a used car dealer in Guad. I did my due diligence. NO matter how careful you are, things can still go wrong. You can't exactly rip apart a tranny while inspecting a potential car.

I got a very good price on an Xtrail, was delivered with all paperwork in order and for the last few years nothing has gone wrong (knock on wood). You just need to educate yourself on the process, be willing to shop around and negotiate, as with anything.

Spencer was unavailable to assist in finding me a used car (I believe his work is more on new cars) so I did it myself.

I don't think anyone here owes anyone where they bought their car, or their discount or experience...unless I'm missing your intent behind your question?

We'll you have to admit it would be useful information for those of us interested in knowing what dealers will negotiate on price and whether or not the negotiation was for a used car or a new car. As I read it, the poster was just asking for data.

You can negotiate used cars, new cars have a set price and you are able to get promos and such but prices are pretty much set, thenegotiation as we know it in states is not existent here on NEW cars.

Before we bought any car, we went into Guadalajara and negotiated, okay mats or special promos etc otherwise no. We did very well with Spencer and also did well in PV with many promos at that time andhaving established credit in Mexico.

Most dealers donot speak English contrary to what has been posted, there are some but not all, and paperwork is in spanish, so make sure you know what you are signing etc.

I am more than happy thus far with both my Mexican plated cars...less hassles, no sticking out, happy and soon may go for another maybe a trade.

I def. give a thumbs up TO SPENCER!

We'll you have to admit it would be useful information for those of us interested in knowing what dealers will negotiate on price and whether or not the negotiation was for a used car or a new car. As I read it, the poster was just asking for data.

Oh, certainly, but are far as usefulness as a practical matter, not really sure. Every sale, used cars in particular, are so dependent on how stubborn a dealer is, how skillful a negotiator the buyer is, the patent condition of the car, the ability (and patience) of the buyer to get a trusted mechanic to put the car on a lift and do enough tests for latent defects, etc etc etc etc. If she has some secret insider info, that sure could be useful.

I've bought two cars here from dealers in Guad; Eurostern and Dalton. Both very professional, had some english speaking staff, and provided good discounts. One car was new, one was used. Very easy to get a good price and some extras as well. Both new and used are negotiable. Dealer here are much more professional than in the USA. No jive, no time wasting, no trying to sell you extras you don't need. The used car was one year old and included two years of maker's warranty and one additional from the dealer. There is nothing to fear when buying a car in Guad. If you want someone to hold your hand then S&S is the best.

It almost seems that some do not want to believe that prices are not set, or maybe they bought a car at full price. Oh well, guess they would be very surprised to hear that my good friend just bought 2 cars, yes new and at a very deep discount.

I for one am happy when others get a good buy. Be happy for others.

Well, i wouldn't blame them if you only say comments like a friend of a friend got "new" car with a great discount without any details like dealer names, when bought, year, month when bought etc, etc. I would be interested too in those dealers where you can get new cars with great discount, as I never found them either only with dealers who sell cars as new but are still used for test driving etc. or are models that are being replaced by a new year model. Sure I'm happy for those people, but then why don't share that info to share the happiness?

Archived