Chapala.com Webboard

Car nationalization

Mexiken

Anybody can get Mexican liability insurance that covers them in foreign plated vehicles regardless of its ownership. It is called a Driver's License policy and I get mine with 500,000 USD limit per accident for $131 USD a year from MexPro.

I had no idea you could insure an "auto chocolate".

According to some people there is no problem buying the insurance. The problem comes when you make a claim and the insurance company refuses to pay it because the car is illegal.

An insurance company looking for any excuse to not pay a claim? Huh. Imagine that.

According to some people there is no problem buying the insurance. The problem comes when you make a claim and the insurance company refuses to pay it because the car is illegal.

An insurance company looking for any excuse to not pay a claim? Huh. Imagine that.

Yep,good luck getting an insurance company to honor any type of claim on a car involved in an accident that's not legally in the country..

Gosh, I carry a driver's license pollcy that covers me for liability in any non-Mexican vehicle, get a distress call to come get someone home by driving them and their car to the border, and now I must get proof that the owner's car is legal? Rubbish!

Have you ever made a claim?

Can't prove a negative, sir.

MexPro says:

Drivers License, or Named Driver Liability-Only Coverage

Drivers License Policies, or Named Driver Policies, provide the named drivers on the policy with Liability coverage which follows the driver to any vehicle. This policy is designed for the insured who drives multiple vehicles in Mexico, does not require any physical damage nor theft coverage, and wants to have only one policy that covers the driver for liability no matter which vehicle is driven. Limits can extend from $50,000 to $300,000.

Get your info from them, I do. https://www.mexpro.com/mexico/drivers-license/

This policy is designed for the insured who drives multiple vehicles in Mexico,

Sorry for the confusion,my question was how do you insure a vehicle that is in Mexico illegally.

Archived