Chapala.com Webboard

The Story of Mexico's Disappeared Students Lives On

Mainecoons

One wonders who would have to be arrested or confess to the crime in order to satisfy Hud's determined effort to get to the bottom of this.

They've arrested the mayor,his wife,the chief of police,some other cops,cartel hitmen...

That seems to me like some progress is being made in the case.

States like Guerrero,Michoacan,Sinaloa have had a reputation for violence for many many years.

While the government's version of events is full of holes, it is based upon eyewitness accounts and corroborating forensics evidence. Some of those holes may soon get filled, depending on what this guy has to say...

Gang member might be key in Iguala case

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/gang-member-might-be-key-in-iguala-case/

Well, he talked. Gildardo Lopez Astudillo, long considered the "missing link" in the story of what happened to the students, has admitted he ordered them killed and incinerated, thinking they were members of a rival cartel. His confession corroborates the testimony of the gangster soldiers who were previously arrested. Lopez also claimed that nine mayors helped and protected his own criminal organization. Federal prosecutors claim the nine mayors will soon be arrested. Here's the news story from Excelsior...

'El Gil': yo los mandé quemar. López Astudillo pidió no dejar rastro

http://www.excelsior.com.mx/nacional/2015/09/19/1046516

Here's the Google translation:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.excelsior.com.mx%2Fnacional%2F2015%2F09%2F19%2F1046516

And let me add this: Ya me canse tambien!

Cviajero, The violin was a fabulous art film, probably my favorite as a film.

Have you seen the movie (Men with Guns/Hombres Armados),if you liked El Violin you'll probaby like that one too.

But you go ahead and believe what you want to believe, Hud.

Thank you so much ! I believe the independent sources and the scientific research, not made up "eye witnesses" that abound in Mexico. If its source has a tie to Mexico, then I distrust the source. BTW, I really did not need your permission, I was just pulling your chain. :D

"Lopez fue trasladado ayer a la penal federal de MAXIMA seguridad,El Altiplano",jajaja,maybe they'll put him in El Chapo's old cell....

I think I heard yesterday that a lot of top people were arrested, including at El Altiplano, the prison jefe, and the government minister in charge of prisons. Of course, for conspiracy theorists, these are only "scapegoats".

Take it easy,of course it doesn't justify it,I was just pointing out that cases like the one in in the documentary you mentioned also occur in the US,that's all,didn't mean to get you all riled up,just trying to have a civil discussion.

I feel Americans and Canadian are becoming more skeptical of their elected government and those jockeying into position to be the new elected government because of lack of honestly and integrity and Mexicans were always more skeptical of their people in power but now are becoming aware of the changes being made recently where they might be less skeptical and more optimistic. It is harder for Americans and Canadians to be optimistic lately because of the turn of events that are happening now.

Alan, I agree with some of your statement about US and Canada, but Mexico is really not seeing anything happening in all the scandals involving its president and his closes "advisors". The Mexicans I know don't seem to have a renewed hope, sadly.

Take it easy,of course it doesn't justify it,I was just pointing out that cases like the one in in the documentary you mentioned also occur in the US,that's all,didn't mean to get you all riled up,just trying to have a civil discussion.

cb, my point was that I did not understand why you felt it necessary to include the US in our discussion of this movie, as innocent people are put in jail in EVERY country in the world, not just the US. Other than that fact, there is no resemblance to the US in the movie, IMHO. Just sayin'.

cb, my point was that I did not understand why you felt it necessary to include the US in our discussion of this movie, as innocent people are put in jail in EVERY country in the world, not just the US. Other than that fact, there is no resemblance to the US in the movie, IMHO. Just sayin'.

Hud,I guess it was just a reaction to the fact that there are a half dozen or so active posters on this forum who never ever have a SINGLE positive thing to say about Mexico,only criticisms,it makes me wonder why they even live here.

All the Mexicans I know agree that the country has its flaws and are skeptical of things changing much,especially with the "new improved" PRI back in power.

Hud,I guess it was just a reaction to the fact that there are a half dozen or so active posters on this forum who never ever have a SINGLE positive thing to say about Mexico,only criticisms,it makes me wonder why they even live here.

All the Mexicans I know agree that the country has its flaws and are skeptical of things changing much,especially with the "new improved" PRI back in power.

cb, I understand where you are coming from, really I do. It probably seems to you that I am one of those, and I may be(but not intentionally). However, and I can only speak for myself, I would not be here as much as I am unless I did find some things in Mexico that I enjoy and can not find NOB (or elsewhere, for that matter). For me, it really gets to me when people come back with the reply "but it is just as bad NOB, or it's worse NOB", when we are talking about Mexico and Mexican life. I feel that if we need to talk about the US, then lets do it in a US thread, not in a Mexican thread. For example, when we are talking about decapitated people at Lakeside and cartel people throwing grenades in the street where I lived, and someone comes back and says "this violence happens NOB also". Well, it does not, and we are talking Mexico anyway, so what is the deal about introducing the US? Can't we live a while without the US in our lives here every day? :D

Can't we argue the point from living in Mexico, or have we run out of arguments and using the US is our last resort? I don't know if you understand what I am saying, but often it appears that many are completely down on the only country that they have citizenship in, and I think, you know people , if it wasn't for the opportunities you had in your lifetime and those your family had, just wonder where and what you would be today. Memories have grown very short as people get older. Sometimes I wonder how much Mexicans, when they talk among themselves say "it's just as bad or worse NOB": When I have discussed things about Mexico with them, I have never heard that from even one. YMMD.

The Mexicans that I know are also skeptical of positives under "the new PRI".

It strains credibility that 43 bodies could be burned in a pile in the open without leaving the site awash with biological evidence. It is reasonable to suspect that the government, while anxious to prove that the students are dead, can't reveal the real location of the remains because of what else would be found there.

Archived