Chapala.com Webboard

ios 9 update NO

windstar

Most of us who've been around compuers for quite a while will NEVER migrate to a brand new release of anyone's Operating System. NEVER. Wait until at least there is the first update (signified with numbers something like 9.0.1). Just saying.....

Apple ios9 update froze ipad. Goggled problem & many others have the same problem. If you have a solution please post it.

Here is a link to the Apple support web site that may provide a solution to your issue:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201263

It involves connecting to iTunes on a laptop or desktop computer; ideally this should be one that has a back up for the iPad. But even if it does not have a back up on the computer, then you can restore all your apps and information through the iCloud back up. I suggest that you do not let your computer go to sleep while this is being done. It may take a relatively long time - 20 minutes or more. Depending on your WiFi connection, there is a chance that you will have to go through the process for connecting, as shown in the article, more than once. However, the restore will just start where it left off. Once it has recovered, you can set up the iPad again and, if it was backed up to iCloud, restore your apps etc.
I have used this solution with quite a few non- responsive iPads with earlier versions of the Apple iOS and it works. But you need to be patient.
PM me if you still have problems.

We, too, were lucky. Ipad4 and ipad2 both uploaded easily with no problems. We had not, though, ever uploaded version 8.

Carol

Did you use the method I suggested?

Yes Cortland, thank you. Apple had a new post yesterday but pretty much the same procedure. Each time took about 2 - 3 hours. Many error messages & would have to restart but it continued to load. I could see that the pad now had ios9 loaded but the screen was still locked. Finally unfroze. Now have to setup aps etc. How to spend a rainy day

Yes Cortland, thank you. Apple had a new post yesterday but pretty much the same procedure. Each time took about 2 - 3 hours. Many error messages & would have to restart but it continued to load. I could see that the pad now had ios9 loaded but the screen was still locked. Finally unfroze. Now have to setup aps etc. How to spend a rainy day

Are you having to back up the apps manually? If the iPad has been backed up to the computer or to the Cloud it should happen automatically. If that isn't the case then I suggest you make sure it's backed up to iCloud. See Apple support article

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT203977.

Archived