Chapala.com Webboard

CAFE MAGANA CLOSED FOR GOOD

CalGal

Sadly, Jeffrey has been forced to close Cafe Magana for good. He will be having a Bazar to sell the books, shelves and other equipment within the next week or two. Unless...someone out there wants to take over the 'Book Exchange'. I for one, will really miss that, in addition to the great chicken and ribs. His restaurant was the first I went to 9 1/2 years ago when I first moved here. Very sad.

Nooo! I so loved the book exchange!!

Do you have any info on how he will be selling the books? Such as a schedule or a flat price list?

His books were a treasure trove for those of us who love to read. LCS has a great library, but for slow readers like me, his book exchange was great. I hope another cafe can take advantage of his stock and continue the exchange.

This is NOT a restaurant happening.It doesn't matter if you did or did not like his food. It has to do with the book exchange and how it might be saved. What happened to the dog food and health items section he was planning to keep open? Anyone with some contacts to help save the book exchange? It was a great resource and well worth preserving.

Think about the places you frequent and consider if they have some wall space for shelving and books. The addition of a book exchange will bring new customers and could be a win/win. It would be nice to have a place to go and pick up some new books. It is also nice to recirculate books I have enjoyed reading.

I sent a message to the American Legion. They were recently asking for book donations to expand their book exchange.

Jeffrey had this message posted on TOB:

I want to inform your members that Cafe MaGaÑa in Riberas is now closed. Dwindling returns from not so high, high seasons and the mandatory denuincias from staff made it smarter to close than to suffer any more.
A big bazaar will follow any minute now.
In place of the Cafe a super healthy pet food factory has opened; Cat.Dog.Biz. with ancestral diet food and products needs the support of you pet owners. your pets will thank you too.

Thank you to all our fans, you were sweethearts, cheers, Jeffrey

Jeffrey had this message posted on TOB:

I want to inform your members that Cafe MaGaÑa in Riberas is now closed. Dwindling returns from not so high, high seasons and the mandatory denuincias from staff made it smarter to close than to suffer any more.

What's a mandatory denuincia?

As soon as anyone has info as to what will be done with the collection of books, can you please post it? I'd be happy to buy some stock, read them, then donate to LCS or another needy place. Or, if the stock will be relocated, let us know. I'd happily patronize a new cafe and enjoy the books.

A moot point now, but always wished Cafe Magana had better seats. I enjoyed the food, loved the books, but was hard to get comfy in those plastic chairs.

Best of luck to Geoffrey. I'm curious to see what his pet stuff is like.

Archived