Chapala.com Webboard

This sweet girl will die in less then a week unless someone can help her.

Wonderful... my heart is a lot lighter today. Like Poe said... sick inside feeling was there.

Thank goodness!

Husband will breathe a sigh of relief as well, for I was petitioning for him re fostering, with his eyes growing panicked... smile.

Wow, what great news!

GOOD NEWS, SHE HAS A HOME WHICH WILL BE PERMANENT UNLESS SHE DOESN'T FIT THE PACK IN WHICH CASE SHE WILL BE FOSTERED UNTIL A BETTER FIT COMES UP.

Maybe since we all know who this is thanks to Joyful ... and, we know that this woman truly does love dogs and having to put one down would be heartbreaking for her .... We might all consider that there was no choice considering all she has been through in the past months plus we don't know what the circumstances of her living arrangements are in the States. She did do everything to get the dog a home that she knew to do and the dog has a new home.

So many times we are so quick to pass judgement on circumstances we really know nothing about. I know that I am not innocent of this either and this is a good reminder to me.

One other thing. I know there are those that will disagree with this but I would much rather see a pet put down than left in a house by itself to starve or let loose on the streets like so many are each year when the "snowbirds" go home. So many of those pets come to a bad end and if they don't I can't even imagine how they feel being turned out on the street after having a home.

No, Luke, we do not know who this woman is and that she loves dogs and would be heartbroken to kill her dog if one of us did not take it. We only know who she seemed to be to Joyfull when she met her seven years ago and what she wrote in her email that ended up in the OP. The rest is conjecture and projection.

Over the last 40 years I have moved multiple times and have always had animals. Never once did I think, "well, I am moving and my choice is to abandon my pets or kill them if someone won't take them off my hands." So forgive me if I do not understand that concept.

Luckily, someone willing and able stepped forward and Shadow is in good hands. I no longer care what her owner's motivation and reasoning was. However, I still refuse to feel good about being emotionally blackmailed.

I came to the board with one objective. To find a host, sponsor or shelter for this dog.

I realized after I posted the senders email, with the title ( An emotional title, most likely configured by a well meaning friend) as is, no edits..... I had made an error in posting that email and subject title as is.

MAY NONE OF US EVER BE IN A MENTALLY OR PHYSICALLY COMPROMISING POSITION THAT WE LET DOWN OTHERS WHO DEPEND ON US, pets included.

The wisest reflection on this post, I received via PM was:

if we were all evolved Zen masters we would deal with this better but we are ordinary human beings.

Again, apologies for any upset that I may have had a hand in, when I copied and pasted. Lesson learned.

I came to the board with one objective. To find a host, sponsor or shelter for this dog.

I realized after I posted the senders email, with the title ( An emotional title, most likely configured by a well meaning friend) as is, no edits..... I had made an error in posting that email and subject title as is.

MAY NONE OF US EVER BE IN A MENTALLY OR PHYSICALLY COMPROMISING POSITION THAT WE LET DOWN OTHERS WHO DEPEND ON US, pets included.

The wisest reflection on this post, I received via PM was:

if we were all evolved Zen masters we would deal with this better but we are ordinary human beings.

Again, apologies for any upset that I may have had a hand in, when I copied and pasted. Lesson learned.

Frankly, I posted the same on Facebook. I care less for the folks who feel "blackmailed" then I do for the person and dog who were going through this horrible time. I think it was the reality facing them and also the best way to distinguish this dog from the many others looking for a home. It seemed to work. Sometimes the most honorable and kind thing one can do for a pet is euthanasia. I hope I am never in such dire straits as the poor woman is.

This reminds me of the time I posted the picture of the poor dog who had been horribly burned. Some complained that it bothered their sensibilities and shouldn't have been posted. Bother them, the dog found a home and that was the important thing.

Well, Guiness, since you feel so strongly about this, and are not prepared to consider things that might be at play here, it seems you have only one option -- step up and take the dog yourself!

Well, Guiness, since you feel so strongly about this, and are not prepared to consider things that might be at play here, it seems you have only one option -- step up and take the dog yourself!

Well, I certainly would but my home if full of rescue dogs from the area. We continue to do as much as we can for the homeless dogs here. We were up to 8! How many have you rescued??

Current number or total? Right now we are at 4 large dogs (small yard is over capacity) and 5 indoor cats.... but over the past years since arriving -- between dogs and cats over 25 personal pets, not counting the MANY we've helped re-home.

And ALL of them were from right here in this area.

Archived