Chapala.com Webboard

Cable TV at lakeside sucks

afgh

Those channels are really not xold to you. They are not on the list of channels you might see at the office. They are a separate, Lakeside only feature provided by the local office, not the head shed in Zapopan, in recognition of the expat population. Those channels are probably pirated and require continual monitoring at the local office. In the rainy season, especially, they often drop out and the system needs to be reset. However, there is nobody in the office after hours or sometines for an entire holiday. As such, the button doesn‘t get pushed or a connection restored until staff arrives and attends to the things that are officially paid for by subscribers; most of whom are Spanish speaking folk. Sure, I missed them too, when that happened, but learned to live with it, and with the expectation that those channels will eventually vanish permanently.

USTVNOW gives you the major networks and PBS free.....

USTVNOW is going out of business. It sent out emails to join another site that charges $9.99 a month but you get over 200 channels.

http://usemytv.com/site/

"The price at UseMyTV.com currently is just 9.99 however that is the price only for the next few days because we are sending this email to users for the first time. Once it gets closer to the end of the month in which USTVNow will be no more functional, the price at UseMyTV.com will jump to 29.99 per month. However if you signup today and get yourself locked in at just 9.99 , we will honor that price from now on for an unlimited amount of time. "

USTVnow is NOT going out of business. I got the same email. If you read it closely there are misspelled words. Also at the bottom you will notice a gmail email address and a physical address in Canada.

USTVnow is based in the US and does not use the address the email was sent from nor a gmail address.

This same scam email came out a couple of years ago only then USTV was opening another company with more channels for the 9.99 price.

I've had USTVnow for years and get 30 channels for 24.95 a month which has gone up to $29.95 for new subscribers.

You can get ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, CW and FOX for free for 3 months a high resolution. If you continue with the free subscripton after that you will only be able to get low resolution which isn't great but not all that bad.

Go to ustvnow.com and at the bottom click on help desk for further information.

You can use it on a computer hooked up to your TV, a Roku or other android box.

Thanks, AutumnDreams. I had just assumed the poor grammar and spelling were because the site is not perhaps the most professionally run place, but your point is very well taken.

However, it is to be noted that I signed up for ustvnow many moons ago using a "disposable" email address from inboxalias.com. This site lets you create a one-time-only email address for communications when you are unsure as to the veracity of a company. NO ONE else will ever have seen that email address... ever.

What does this mean? Either ustvnow sold it's mailing list, or it has been hijacked. I never used ustvnow. My recommendation to those who do use it on a regular basis? Contact management and find out how this is possible. Because if they sold their mailing list, that is bloody well as reprehensible as the scam itself. And if they got hacked, then they are in biiiiiiiiiig trouble with their customers.

I just stayed in a cabin over at Lago Zirahuen that had Megacable digital. Instead of one of those power hungry bulky boxes, it had a unit that was half the size of a cigar box that connected to the TV and had a remote. The pictures and sound were flawless and it had all the U.S. channels. The folks who ran the place said it cost them no more than we are paying for bad analog.

I've been impressed with what I've seen of Megacable in GDL as well.

Unfortunately we are stuck with Telecable here. We aren't planning to renew our subscription this year.

Mainecoons, you mentioned "Those power hungry bulky boxes". I hate those as well. The one Telecable sold me was an older reconditioned model they purchased used from Comcast (US) when Comcast upgraded to the smaller boxes, years ago.

Apparently, the new smaller digital boxes have been available in Guadalajara for quite some time. And that apparently (hopefully) soon, they will be available lakeside.

Archived