Chapala.com Webboard

On the dole: Report: 87% illegal immigrant families on welfare, 72% of legal immigrants on it

Hud

I only wish what you say were true, but it's far from that. Let me give you a single small example of how "illegals" are scamming the system here in Austin, TX. This is from an ER nurse with intimate knowledge. A person has a sore throat and so they call for an ambulance which is dispatched without question, the person is brought into ER, they can't be refused. They're treated and now the person has to get back home and has no money so a cab is called and the City is billed. Several years ago it was revealed one single person had done this and similar things 700 times.

And, as far as not being able to prove "legal" status, who cares, who asks? - sanctuary cities never ask, so folks just apply and receive services. I might add the Mexican Gov published a small book on how to do these things when you get NOB, so the gov is complicit in this exploitation of our resources.

There is an earned income tax credit scam that is raking millions in illegal returns claiming for children who are not even in the US. The IRS seems to have no interest in plugging this hole, they're more focused on milking the ca$h cows to support this type of activity. So, I only wish there was no drain on our system. And, you might also consider the rather significant percentage of "illegal" criminals behind bars NOB, it costs anywhere from $30K to $50K a year to house, feed and maintain them. No drain? - I wish.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found this fascinating reading, plus the live links to sources offers even more.

http://stupidpartymathvmyth.com/1/post/2015/09/the-state-of-illegal-immigration-2015-reality-vs-republican-fantasy.html

Thanks for the link.

The Lincoln quotes are worth reading...

I think Lincoln would be very dissapointed with what has happened to his political party.

Ok, let me ask an honest question or two: what makes you believe the "facts" in this offering are true? - I'm sure you're correct in saying they don't represent the predominant view, but again that's just my "view". And if you didn't expect it to be read, why did you post it? - I'm curious, just honest questions to try to understand.

OK Gringal, you win, with this little offering, now I'm looking for a moderator - of any stripe. To say "thanks for the link" screams volumes. Any article which starts with "Stupidparty are today’s Know-Nothings"? - well, what can you say. This one is just screaming bugnuts.

IMO, link or no link or no thanks........this thread is so blatantly political that it boggles the mind, no matter which side you're on, on the original issue.

It stands out in the annals of threads gone amok. :017:

I only wish what you say were true, but it's far from that. Let me give you a single small example of how "illegals" are scamming the system here in Austin, TX. This is from an ER nurse with intimate knowledge. A person has a sore throat and so they call for an ambulance which is dispatched without question, the person is brought into ER, they can't be refused. They're treated and now the person has to get back home and has no money so a cab is called and the City is billed. Several years ago it was revealed one single person had done this and similar things 700 times.

And, as far as not being able to prove "legal" status, who cares, who asks? - sanctuary cities never ask, so folks just apply and receive services. I might add the Mexican Gov published a small book on how to do these things when you get NOB, so the gov is complicit in this exploitation of our resources.

There is an earned income tax credit scam that is raking millions in illegal returns claiming for children who are not even in the US. The IRS seems to have no interest in plugging this hole, they're more focused on milking the ca$h cows to support this type of activity. So, I only wish there was no drain on our system. And, you might also consider the rather significant percentage of "illegal" criminals behind bars NOB, it costs anywhere from $30K to $50K a year to house, feed and maintain them. No drain? - I wish.

Reagan signed the law that states all people regardless of if they can pay, must receive emergency medical care. Medicare reimburses the hospitals for care including transportation. Too bad that emergency room is so slow that the nurse has time to stick her nose into everyone's business. I assume you voted for Reagan.

"The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA) is an act of the United States Congress, passed in 1986 as part of the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA). It requires hospital Emergency Departments that accept payments from Medicare to provide an appropriate medical screening examination (MSE) to individuals seeking treatment for a medical condition, regardless of citizenship, legal status, or ability to pay. There are no reimbursement provisions. Participating hospitals may not transfer or discharge patients needing emergency treatment except with the informed consent or stabilization of the patient or when their condition requires transfer to a hospital better equipped to administer the treatment"

Reagan signed the law that states all people regardless of if they can pay, must receive emergency medical care. I assume you voted for Reagan.

Reagan and Bush Sr. also signed amnesty laws for immigrant workers and their families.

some folks here are not thinking. when 100,000 os 1000s of refugees come from somolia, so you think they are coming w/ cash & bank accots? they have to be housed feed need medical attention. they dont speak the language. few peoole here are not thinkng right. some readers here dont even know about the muslim settlements. have a look. since you use google, this is a good time. posting old outdated articals doesnt cut it. more refugees to come as europe has over spill. no it wont be pretty, have a look @ the recent vids from hungry greece italy germany austria ect. theres one thing not to know this. theres another to have illogical opinions.

I find it extremely laughable when "those" people who continually "pile it on others" are losing a debate and they start calling for the mods to "do their job" and "close the thread". Can dish it out, but can't take it. Alex is Absolutely correct, you reap what you sow. :)

if people dont like a thread they should not read it. posting emotional comments is immature. how one can think that people from worntorn countries, poor, un educated, primitive mideastern cultures arrive w/financal assets? somehow that image makes some folk very upset. maybe they are not aware that there are muslims in the US? there are big bucks to be made w/these settlement programs. jimbowie: soon the word "refugee" will be banned (i see it coming, replaced w/"asylum"). "illegal" has been banned (in the media). "alien" was banned several years back. "terrorist" is banned. replace it w/ jounior varisty "JV" team. the american flag is next, mark my words. so far everything i predict has come true. sorry to get off topic, we may need another thread. if i was a mod i would delete the personal comments, either move on or close. have a good day!

I find it extremely laughable when "those" people who continually "pile it on others" are losing a debate and they start calling for the mods to "do their job" and "close the thread". Can dish it out, but can't take it. :)

I kinda felt like some of the Texans contributing to this and the other immigration thread were ganging up on me,but I can take it.. :)

What this has to do with Mexico is quite an extraordinary co-incidence. That people choose to bash and blame the weakest members of our society should come as no surprise. But whether welfare or refugee programs, what are we really talking about in real life terms, not percentages or racist stereotypes.

I looked up the `welfare`and refugee program for Washington State. A single parent family with two children gets appr. $661 per month, including all benefits. A refugee (passed through the board) single parent gets the same. The U.S. citizen, or legal immigrant, can collect this for a max of five years accumulated in their lifetime. A bona fide refugee can collect for 8 months. Both must have less than $1,000 in assets and a max of $5,000 equity in an automobile. If other enter the family unit, if the household income rises above $890 per month, all benefits cease. Their case workers require work skill training and there are education opportunities. In the case of the single parents, their children are their treasures, their future. For genuine refugees it is the same, though they have most often have been forced to leave their family support system behind. How many here could live in a major city, where the jobs are, for $661 per month. I personally know a great many people who make that much PER DAY. There are some that are going to coast the system, as there are some very wealthy people that loudly brag that they pay no taxes at all.

Now the coincidence part - the average monthly wage across Mexico for July 2015 was - you guessed it - about $661 per month.

viajero, you are wrong about mex southern border. they have a stong fence.danilo valladares (interpress service) reports that they will strenghten the existing security. i could do links, i could debate point by point using mexican/cent amer sources. zena, these refugees are not vetted. they are not the drs & pharmacists the WH cllaimed they were. they are very violent in europe. they refuse thefood & water as its handed to them by infidels. they attack police. migrants burned down a shelter in germany. my sources are from european news. the films are what they are. in italy they are breaking into homes. governer of mass. is willing to take in 5000 now. doesnt affect me either. most people who lived in towns outside of boston have moved. (the russian islamics, brazilians, central americans, africans, mid easterns. kumbaya party). not to mention the 30 billion per year on assistance, high crime rates. i know my former state, charlie baker is very generous. matter of fact i lived a mile from the "lost boys from somolia" area. i am aware on a local level whats been going down for like 15- 20 years. zena, if the syrians have a high level of education why are they behaving the way there are? some may be ok, but the artical was one sided. it was correct about the settlement locations.

Archived