Chapala.com Webboard

Dr. Pinto is having a Paella Dinner!

Who: Dr. Anthony Pinto acclaimed local doctor/chef

What: Paella Dinner, bread and salad

Where: Hotel Perico - on libramento next to tire store

When: Sept.17 1 - 6p.m. (tickets limited to 50 persons)

Why: to buy crime scene kits for the police

How much: 200 pesos - at Dr. Pintos office in Riberas across from Moms Restaurant

Harry, what is a crime scene kit and what does it cost? Are these pre-assembled and available from WalMart or what? Hey, I had a Nancy Drew crime kit once, and I am curious.

this is serious business. They will train the officers on their use. They will take finger prints, DNA evidence etc. The Masons already bought one kit for training purposes. I don't know what they cost and doubt they come from Walmart. Maybe they'll call you in to assist with your background,eh?

this is serious business. They will train the officers on their use. They will take finger prints, DNA evidence etc. The Masons already bought one kit for training purposes. I don't know what they cost and doubt they come from Walmart. Maybe they'll call you in to assist with your background,eh?

duplicate

Harry--do you mean by "they" that it is the kits that will train the officers to take finger prints, etc? That is, you mean someone well trained in the use of what's in the kits will actually train the officers? Who will that be? It's a good question from Jay Bearl--how much are the kits? So we can estimate how much is needed for this new useful crime tool.

Just what the local police could use. Great idea.

Lexy

I believe that the Masons are planning to buy three more kits. If the dinner is full that would provide about 3500 pesos per kit. There is a police academy. It is planned for new recruits to be sent there before active duty. I'm assuming they will provide the training.

Archived