Chapala.com Webboard

Housesitters Extraordinaire

Hi everyone,

We are two mature professionals who love to house-sit as we carry on our online careers. I'm Charles Doersch (58), a professor with the University of Colorado who currently teaches online courses from abroad, and my partner is Sean McCollum (52), a successful children's education writer with more than 40 books published, with ongoing contracts at National Geographic Kids, Teaching Tolerance, and the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.

We are house-sitting here in along the shores of Lake Chapala after spending the past year in the UK, Europe, the Middle East and East Asia house-sitting -- and we love this community (we started house-sitting and pet-sitting here August 1, and are now booked until Nov. 12 [new availability date since our last post on this site]. We'd love to continue housesitting here.

If anyone needs house-sitting after Nov. 12, 2015 -- please consider us. You can check out our credentials (with references) at these hyperlinked sites HouseCarers.com, TrustedHousesitters.com and MindMyHouse.com.

We do not charge for house-sitting. It is our privilege and pleasure to take care of lovely homes and estates, and beloved companion animals (--including horses). The housesitting sites I've linked above have plenty of information about us and our experience. **However, please don't hesitate to contact us directly if you're at all interested in knowing more about us and our availability. BEST is contacting us by e-mail Charles.Doersch@gmail.com ... though you can also contact us by my US phone /text 1-940-604-1111.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Woops -- sorry for the misunderstanding on the dates. I meant that I'd changed the dates in the posting itself.

We are available Nov 12. - Dec. 5. We have a couple of shorter-term sittings we're doing in November, but because there are two of us -- and because it can be difficult to get house-sitting dates to match up -- we can overlap the appointments, one of us staying in one place and the other in the second, as necessary. Cheers!

Hola! Curious if you would be interested in housesitting a property that is listed for sale? I might have a couple of opportunities...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

We are newly available to house-sit during the month of October if you need us. We'll be in San Juan Cosalá in September & Nov-January. But October is open. Best way to contact us is by e-mail: charles.doersch@gmail.com

A bit about us:

We are two mature professionals who love to house-sit as we carry on our online careers. I'm Charles Doersch (60), a professor with the University of Colorado who currently teaches online courses from abroad, and my partner is Sean McCollum (54), a successful children's education writer with more than 40 books published, with ongoing contracts at National Geographic Kids, Teaching Tolerance, and the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.

We returned to house-sitting in Mexico (Michoacán at the moment) in March after house- and pet-sitting in Panama, the US, and Spain. We will be house-sitting Lakeside from September to the end of January 2018.

If anyone needs house-sitting between Oct. 9-31, -- please consider us. You can check out our credentials (with many references) at these hyperlinked sites HouseCarers.com, TrustedHousesitters.com and MindMyHouse.com.

We do not charge for house-sitting. It is our privilege and pleasure to take care of lovely homes and estates, and beloved companion animals (--including horses). The housesitting sites I've linked above have plenty of information about us and our experience. **However, please don't hesitate to contact us directly if you're at all interested in knowing more about us and our availability.

BEST is contacting us by e-mail Charles.Doersch@gmail.com.

Archived