Chapala.com Webboard

Rain last night

Gilligan

The amounts of rain collected have always been interesting. The guy up in Rancho del Oro is showing 1.55" for last night but for the year only 32.01" whereas here in Riberas we only got .32" last night, we're at 40.13" for the year. I've seen it raining really hard in Chapala and by the time I drove back to Riberas is was only a sprinkle.

As usual, my walking path from El Dorado to SuperLake and Walmart ends up on the carretera again! Every time it rains heavily, my access gets more treacherous and impassable! If they don't fix it soon, I'll be trapped in my community unless I want to take a taxi everywhere I go.....( don't want to do that! )

It's rainy season- if you guys have nothing better to do than talk about the fact that it's raining, you can come help me weed my garden.

And if you, mudgirl, have nothing better to do than comment that we have nothing better to do than talk about the rain, you can come help me clean my toilets.

Cranky much? :lol:

Yes, it's rainy season. Yes, we get rain during the rainy season. Yes, we've had a really great start to the rainy season (yay!)…but then it tapered off significantly, and hasn't done much for a few weeks. Then it started again, last night. And the rain last night was extraordinarily heavy and fruitful in some locations, including where I live. And it's very heavy again tonight, and it started much earlier than last and hasn't let up.

I for one am excited because it means Tépalo is probably flowing with water, and I live very nearby and want to walk up to the waterfalls, which I was unable to do earlier in la temporada.

I hope you're getting your share of rain where you live mudgirl (down at the coast, right?). Rain is a good thing, weeds in your garden notwithstanding.

Travis, illustrating our local microclimates, rain at the Mirasol rain gauge site has been steady during the season, with rains at least every 3 days.

With last night`s rain, we now have topped each of the last 8 years totals with more than 42 inches. Reports for the next 10 days are for rain, rain and more rain. With all the tule that has cropped up near the shore this year around the lake, it must be a great year for fish renewal.

Archived