Chapala.com Webboard

Scooter Hire

barbn

I've been asked by someone planning to visit the area on holiday if there's anywhere they can hire a scooter, moped or small motorbike. I've warned them about the cobbled streets, topes etc but they seem undeterred! Can anybody advise?

Check out that La Floresta restaurant, I believe its called Pranzo. Its right at that intersection with the funky multi-colored sculpture. I rented a scooter from him when my car was in the shop. The owner is a really nice man, perfect english. I would recommend your friend immediately check the tire pressure - it was about 2psi when I picked it up.

Check out that La Floresta restaurant, I believe its called Pranzo. Its right at that intersection with the funky multi-colored sculpture. I rented a scooter from him when my car was in the shop. The owner is a really nice man, perfect english. I would recommend your friend immediately check the tire pressure - it was about 2psi when I picked it up.

His name is Francisco.

Hope so too, but as long as they are safe and ride very defensively..and be careful with the many potholes, and the cobblestones, and make sure the brake lines have no air in them, the tires are not old and cracking, and watch out for people passing on the wrong side of the road, and hell, just buy a new set of Dainese leathers that have a built-in airbag (yes, this exists) and a full face helmet, back protector, boots, gloves and you're good to go. And don't forget the medical insurance.

When I rented it in 2013, the scooter was brand new, barely broken in. Hope he still has it.

Edit: Just realized my tone maybe didn't come through - I wasn't being sarcastic. My first response was, "oh, the rider will be fine as long as the rider is careful, then the more I thought of all the hazards out there, the more I hoped the rider is VERY careful. I used to roadrace motorcycles and rode a street bike for years, and the few days I had a scooter here was a bit more nerve wracking than some of my track days.)

Archived