Chapala.com Webboard

Mexico Doesn't Apologize for Deportation

Hud

You really think that anyone with a little bit of intelligence is going to believe that? With the latin gang membership growing and the cartel presence increasing? Only a fool would believe that.

Maybe you do not know the difference between Mexican illegals, people who are U.S. citizens of Hispanic ancestry and Central and South Americans.

Central and South Americans are entering in large numbers and cannot simply be deported by ICE. They must have hearings which can take months or years.

GWB signed the law than any illegals not from border countries must have deportation hearings.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/08/us/immigrant-surge-rooted-in-law-to-curb-child-trafficking.html?_r=0
William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008
It was one of the final pieces of legislation signed into law by President George W. Bush, a measure that passed without controversy, along with a pension bill and another one calling for national parks to be commemorated on quarters.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes they broke the law therefore they are regarded as criminals rather than undocumented migrants. The Central Americans can apply to stay as refugies the Mexicans cannot.

Many of the people who ae deported are just regular folks looking to make a living and have not commited any crimes towards anyone..except for breaking the law. in entering without papers which they cannot get....If they get caught they are banned from entering for 10 years and then they can ask for a pardon and be allowd in again with a visa. After 10 years they have to apply for a visa and ask for a pardon and then they get through a process for a fw month and may or not get a visa. All that to go and kill and prep chickens or harvest grapes or do Works the US citizens have vvery Little interest in. ...talking about insane.

Ajijic_ hiker,jaywalking is considered a crime in the US so I guess jaywalkers are criminals too...

I worked for over 30 years in construction in California with many Mexican immigrant workers,some documented some not,the vast majority of them hard working family men who never asked for or expected any assistance from the US government.

The problem with deportation is that it's not permanent. Is the current administration deporting more actual people, or are they simply deporting a small number of people many times and counting that as the total. Case in point; is this 5 deportations, or is it just one and as you can see, it's far from permanent.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/09/08/captured-convicted-burglar-deported-5-times-back-in-texas/

criminals are felons. murder, armed robbery. assault. rape. being in the US undocumented is not considered a high crime. both illegals & legals from the 3rd world commit a huge amount of these serious crimes. much higher % percentage than anyone except afo americans. 68,000 felons (from south of the border) were released this year from prison into the general population. hello murder. more than one isolated case. gangs do a bit more than jaywalk. as for anti american: the anti americans are now in the white house. duh. the old hippie wannabees have their wish. america is on the decline. mexico could be on the upswing. there are elderly folks living in mex who are dissconnected from the US events. they may go home sometimes but their area hasnt changed much. if building the "wall" is so impossible why is jorge so afraid? ill tell you why: when/if wall is built most of drug flow will be stopped. bad for business. thats the bottom line. its all about the $$$. next: the migration study. they stopped @ 2013, the numbers are very low considering the re settlement programs. there are entire neighborhoods of islamist muslims living on welfare. (like the family of the boston bombers). i know about the meat processing plants in the midwest & yes they hire muslims. i know about the cab companies, & muslim businesses as well. so dont hysterically go to google. the US is quite different from mexico. isnt that the reason for the OP?

How do you build a wall dow the middle of a river? Through the spectacular Big Bend National Park? Sound bytes from the insane, I think; especially taylored for the ignorant. Then, there is Shorty‘s Mining Company and José‘s Ladder Shop to contend with, as well as the fact that about 20 toy drones on an aluminum frame will lift a man.........

Sorry for my ignorance, but....just one quick question for those of you who know this topic better than I do...If a Mexican is in the USA illegally (no Green card) and they get caught, and then they are deported...does that make them a criminal? I'm talking about a person who has not committed any crime other than being in the USA illegally, just to be clear.

Improper entry is a crime but unlawful presence is not. Somebody caught crossing the border illegally can be charged with a crime and is subject to imprisonment. Somebody who has entered legally but then, for example, overstayed his visa can be charged with a civil infraction but is not subject to imprisonment.

Yes they broke the law therefore they are regarded as criminals rather than undocumented migrants. The Central Americans can apply to stay as refugies the Mexicans cannot.

Many of the people who ae deported are just regular folks looking to make a living and have not commited any crimes towards anyone..except for breaking the law. in entering without papers which they cannot get....If they get caught they are banned from entering for 10 years and then they can ask for a pardon and be allowd in again with a visa. After 10 years they have to apply for a visa and ask for a pardon and then they get through a process for a fw month and may or not get a visa. All that to go and kill and prep chickens or harvest grapes or do Works the US citizens have vvery Little interest in. ...talking about insane.

Violating a civil law is not criminal. They cannot be tried, found guilty and sent to prison for being illegally in the U.S.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-mythical-connection-between-immigrants-and-crime-1436916798

A newreport from the Immigration Policy Center notes that while the illegal immigrant population in the U.S. more than tripled between 1990 and 2013 to more than 11.2 million, “FBI data indicate that the violent crime rate declined 48%—which included falling rates of aggravated assault, robbery, rape, and murder. Likewise, the property crime rate fell 41%, including declining rates of motor vehicle theft, larceny/robbery, and burglary.”

http://immigrationpolicy.org/special-reports/criminalization-immigration-united-states

• According to an original analysis of data from the 2010 American Community Survey (ACS) conducted by the authors of this report, roughly 1.6 percent of immigrant males age 18-39 are incarcerated, compared to 3.3 percent of the native-born. This disparity in incarceration rates has existed for decades, as evidenced by data from the 1980, 1990, and 2000 decennial censuses. In each of those years, the incarceration rates of the native-born were anywhere from two to five times higher than that of immigrants.

Sorry for my ignorance, but....just one quick question for those of you who know this topic better than I do...If a Mexican is in the USA illegally (no Green card) and they get caught, and then they are deported...does that make them a criminal? I'm talking about a person who has not committed any crime other than being in the USA illegally, just to be clear.

Being in the country without proper documentation is a civil, not a criminal offense.

Christie said that while entering the country illegally is considered a federal misdemeanor, simply lacking legal immigration status is a civil violation.
Q: Christie said immigrants in the county illegally are not automatically committing a crime by their presence. Is that true?
A: Yes. "Illegal presence" as the offense is called, is not a violation of the U.S. criminal code. A person cannot be sent to prison for being here without authorization from immigration authorities. It is, however, a violation of civil immigration laws, for which the federal government can impose civil penalties, namely deportation.
Q: But he was later asked a hypothetical question about someone sneaking across the border and said that's not a crime either. Is that true, too?
A: No. "Improper entry by an alien" as it is called, is a violation of Title 8 of the U.S. criminal code punishable by a fine of between $50 and $250 and/or a maximum of six months in jail.

criminals are felons. murder, armed robbery. assault. rape. being in the US undocumented is not considered a high crime. both illegals & legals from the 3rd world commit a huge amount of these serious crimes. much higher % percentage than anyone except afo americans. 68,000 felons (from south of the border) were released this year from prison into the general population. hello murder. more than one isolated case. gangs do a bit more than jaywalk. as for anti american: the anti americans are now in the white house. duh. the old hippie wannabees have their wish. america is on the decline. mexico could be on the upswing. there are elderly folks living in mex who are dissconnected from the US events. they may go home sometimes but their area hasnt changed much. if building the "wall" is so impossible why is jorge so afraid? ill tell you why: when/if wall is built most of drug flow will be stopped. bad for business. thats the bottom line. its all about the $$$. next: the migration study. they stopped @ 2013, the numbers are very low considering the re settlement programs. there are entire neighborhoods of islamist muslims living on welfare. (like the family of the boston bombers). i know about the meat processing plants in the midwest & yes they hire muslims. i know about the cab companies, & muslim businesses as well. so dont hysterically go to google. the US is quite different from mexico. isnt that the reason for the OP?

I know this will surprise you, but you don't know what you are talking about.

According to all sources, legitimate sources, illegals commit fewer crimes than legal people. Most illegals are in jails, not prisons, awaiting ICE to deport them. They are not charged with crimes.

I bet most of the illegals who are in prison are innocent but tricked into pleas. It happened in Dallas a few times to illegals who were later proven innocent.

Do you want to solve violent crime? Get rid of U.S. citizens because they commit most of the crime.

The fact that many immigrants are detained for immigration violations awaiting deportation -- as opposed to committing some other type of crime -- makes incarceration statistics hard to evaluate,
found that American men of Mexican descent ages 18 to 39 had an incarceration rate of 5.9 percent, while foreign-born Mexicans living in the United States had an incarceration rate of 0.7 percent. The overall incarceration rate for American-born men ages 18 to 39 is 3.5 percent.
Trump said "Hundreds of thousands of (illegal immigrants are) going to state and federal penitentiaries."
Without any good information to back it up, Trump’s claim falls flat. We rate it Mostly False.

checkout sheriff arpiao websight. he will tell you about the border in the US. the WH will not let them enforce the so called "law" (hud, please provide a link to his websight, since i dont have that techskill). sometimes people are detained for 2 days then released. they can come & go regardless of what their crimes were in mex/elsalvador ect. jorge ramos is an activist journalist. maybe he can convince one of the worlds most famous builders why he cant build a wall. (or block tunnels). RVgringo can be a consultant. MEXICO HAS A WALL ON THEIR SOUTHERN BORDER? DOUBLE STANDARD ANYONE? EXSPLAIN ME.

the % of legal/illegal 3rd worlders contrasted to the % of the other population commit a huge amount of crimes. 30% of prisoners are undocs from south of border. so many have been released & back in action. (the other group is afroamerican sub culture gang thugs. which are a protected class as the 3rs worlders are. duh). there was a family recently in the mid west who gave shelter to a migrant. he killed them. (regional news, not national). then again, the problem is bennie. mexico has wall, good for them! THAT WAS THE POINT OF THE OP, COMPRENDE?

How do you build a wall dow the middle of a river? Through the spectacular Big Bend National Park? Sound bytes from the insane, I think; especially taylored for the ignorant. Then, there is Shorty‘s Mining Company and José‘s Ladder Shop to contend with, as well as the fact that about 20 toy drones on an aluminum frame will lift a man.........

"Shorty's mining company"!!

That ,amigo, is hilarious!...but it probably went over a lot of heads here.

Regarding Jose's ladder shop..didn't an ex-governor of one of the border states say that if we built a 50 foot tall wall some Mexican would come along with a 52 foot tall ladder?

. MEXICO HAS A WALL ON THEIR SOUTHERN BORDER? DOUBLE STANDARD ANYONE? EXSPLAIN ME.

"Exsplain me"??

When did Mexico build a wall on their southern border?

Did they make the Central Americans pay for it?

Ajijic_ hiker,jaywalking is considered a crime in the US so I guess jaywalkers are criminals too...

I worked for over 30 years in construction in California with many Mexican immigrant workers,some documented some not,the vast majority of them hard working family men who never asked for or expected any assistance from the US government.

How about those hard working family men citizens who can't find work because there isn't enough to go around?

Why not take care of them first? Why not put these employers who have been cashing in on the immigration-caused labor surplus, in a position where they have to hire and train U.S. citizens first?

When you strip the emotional argument away, what you have with the pro excessive immigration crowd are people who think it is OK for government and business to flood the labor market regardless of the consequences to the native born.

Mexico wouldn't and Mexico isn't pursuing policies like this and you all know it. Go back and look at the data--the U.S. has been taking huge numbers of immigrants at the same time that pay, benefits and working conditions for working U.S. citizens has been going straight south.

This is wrong in my book.

Stop employers from hiring cheap labor. Mexicans started returing to Mexico in 2008 because they couldn't find jobs.

Illegals pay billions in taxes from which they will never benefit.

http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/high-school/top-10-myths-about-immigration

1. Immigrants don't pay taxes.
    Immigrants pay taxes, in the form of income, property, sales, and taxes at the federal and state level. As far as income tax payments go, sources vary in their accounts, but a range of studies find that immigrants pay between $90 and $140 billion a year in federal, state, and local taxes. Undocumented immigrants pay income taxes as well, as evidenced by the Social Security Administration's "suspense file" (taxes that cannot be matched to workers' names and social security numbers), which grew by $20 billion between 1990 and 1998.
    (Source: http://www.immigrationforum.org/about/articles/tax_study.htm)

Taxes paid by undocumented immigrants by state.

http://www.itep.org/immigration/

checkout sheriff arpiao websight. he will tell you about the border in the US. the WH will not let them enforce the so called "law" (hud, please provide a link to his websight, since i dont have that techskill). sometimes people are detained for 2 days then released. they can come & go regardless of what their crimes were in mex/elsalvador ect. jorge ramos is an activist journalist. maybe he can convince one of the worlds most famous builders why he cant build a wall. (or block tunnels). RVgringo can be a consultant. MEXICO HAS A WALL ON THEIR SOUTHERN BORDER? DOUBLE STANDARD ANYONE? EXSPLAIN ME.

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled all but one AZ law on immigration was illegal. States cannot supersede federal law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_v._United_States

Mexico doesn't have a wall on its Southern Border. That was fabricated like with most of the sites you visit, they fabricate their "facts."

http://m.snopes.com/mexico-guatemala-border/

You have some valid points,MC,my wages working in construction in California were slightly negatively affected by the influx of immigrant workers,but I turned that around when I started contracting and hiring Mexican workers who were reliable and talented.In California you won't find many contractors who don't hire immigrant worker's and it's not just economics,it's also because most of them have very good work ethics.

I was building houses in Camarillo,CA when a nearby strawberry farm was raided by the INS,they hauled off the workers,the farm owner was pissed and took out ads in the local papers offering strawberry picking jobs to US citizens,about fifty showed up,forty or more of them quit before noon the first day.

Mexico has a wall on its southern border?? where? I live down there part of the year and have crossed over to GUatemala many times. If you cross on the river you can see all the coyotes taking people over, they are lines accross the river in some area in the jungle..Anyone saying there is a wall down there has never been there. CHiapas is the catch basin for migrants there are retens everywhere and for that reason the border is totally porous. You can go into Guatemala via the river and neverer bother with passports and vice versa.

At least US citizens showed up...in the Napa Valley the only way you could get US citizens to harvest is if you had a famous vineyard and you would charge people to harvest the grapes and the dummies would show up to harvest to say they had harvested at such and such vineyard..

read today: obamas 100,000 syians are dangerous for america. report by homeland security. not news as they have been saying this for a while. (except the #s have increased). imagine mexico doing this? would they fly in all these people? no way. these are not the same syrians who were in the US years back. in related threads, people are grasping @ straws. today is the 9/11 anniversary, we were told its "religion of peace". (right george, you & barack can fool most of the people most of the time). since then its been a bit frisky back home & abroad. still hadnt seen the "peace" must have missed something. so much for the government. what did they do after 9/11/boston? bring in more! imagine mexico catering to refugees (sorry... i mean asylum seekers) from countries who are @ war w/them? mexico, its cartels & la raza are sure looking good.

Mexico has a wall on its southern border?? where? I live down there part of the year and have crossed over to GUatemala many times. If you cross on the river you can see all the coyotes taking people over, they are lines accross the river in some area in the jungle..Anyone saying there is a wall down there has never been there. CHiapas is the catch basin for migrants there are retens everywhere and for that reason the border is totally porous. You can go into Guatemala via the river and neverer bother with passports and vice versa.

Show us the wall, Bennie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_lmfLec518

Archived