Chapala.com Webboard

Mexico Doesn't Apologize for Deportation

Hud

read today: obamas 100,000 syians are dangerous for america. report by homeland security. not news as they have been saying this for a while. (except the #s have increased). imagine mexico doing this?

Please stop lying here, Bennie. The U.S. has agreed to take in 10,000 Syrian refugees, not 100,000 as you stated. And yes, Mexico is also considering taking in the same number of Syrian refugees.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wrong alex, it was 65,000 then today i read 100,000. boston agreed to take 5000. # is somewhere between the 1st 2 figures. they are estimating. just saying what homeland security reported. bhm/alex, its a strong fence not a wall. i had corrected the term on one of the later posts. the security infor mex will get tighter. they dont fool around here, do they?

alex read the ENTIRE NYT's artical, not just headlines. towards the end they say they are considering 100,000. something about sen. durbin & john kerry. i give this as reference because if the info did not come from a far leftest source, (goverment media complex)- you would be screaming wing! wing! chickenWING! see todays TIMES. some of the readers are not in favor of this. what i do like about the NYT is that they always publish my comments. lets see how they follow up w/this issue. meanwhile im going back to to the conservative alternatives to see how the #s match up. (they were off for germany, "times" says 500,000. german news sites say 800,000. wonder what the middle eastern news sites say? UN reports that 72% from syria are young men. i dont believe all these boys/men are "refugees" some for economic reasons & "other". i call it the silent jihad across europe. (creeping into to the US). islamic history repeats itself. when there is a 1400 year pattern, it speaks for it self. this refugee thing is a false cover.

President Obama has approved admitting 10,000 Syrian refugees to the U.S. He is being urged to accept more. Those who are urging this say as many as 100,000 Syrian refugees should be allowed in the U.S. next year. Reading that causes Bennie to write that "Obama's 100,000 Syrians are dangerous to America."

Frankly considering that the US has vetted 1500 people in the last couple of years it is hard to believe they could handle vetting 10 000 in a year even less 100 000..The future will tell.

I am curious how they vet people who are coming from a war zone where there seem to be total chaos. They may check them against their lists of terrorists but after that good luck.?

ISIS does not need to infiltrate the US they are already there via Internet and the kids they recrute via the internet. Now for the best part all these people will eventually be German, British , French and Italian citizens and no visa is required for Europeans so do not worry there will be danger one way or another , that is life..

Bennie I promised you that the picture is not of Chiapas The border down there does not have strong fences, why should they build anything when people can float literally freely accross the border. There is a free zone on both sides .

When I went to Guatemala by boat from Escudo Jaguar I was told to go to customs somewhere in town to check out of the country the day before I left and I checked into Guatemala in Bethel a ways from where I landed a couple of days later. The aduana in Mexico told me not to go to Palenque without checking back in but you can go in the jungle and on the roads in the area without any papers.. Once you get out of the free zone , if you travel by road you will be stopped on the road by the aduana, army, and a bunch of other people but nothing on the border . The check ups are random except on the main roads so there is no need for a fence.

Local Mexicans go back and forth without Passport as well.

The UN is overwhelmed with the Syrian crisis and has requested that each member of the Group of Twenty take in 10,000 refugees next year. The Group of Twenty (G-20) is comprised of the countries with the top 20 economies in the world. As the 16th top economy, Mexico will likely assume a leadership role internationally and take in its fair share of refugees. So look out Bennie, a big and loud family of Syrian Muslims may be moving in right next door to you.

wrote long post w/info. when i finished it said "saving". it took a long time as i wanted itto be clear. didnt go thru. therewas no sendfeature. where can i find it? not on my profile. if thread isnt closed will do it over tomarrow.

Mexico will likely assume a leadership role internationally and take in its fair share of refugees. So look out Bennie, a big and loud family of Syrian Muslims may be moving in right next door to you.

Hopefully they'll open Syrian restaraunts serving falafels,shawarma and kebobs..

Alex, on 12 Sept 2015 - 12:29 AM, said:snapback.png

Mexico will likely assume a leadership role internationally and take in its fair share of refugees. So look out Bennie, a big and loud family of Syrian Muslims may be moving in right next door to you.

​Is that like the leadership role they take in leading the world in cartel violence, and in finding the 43? And in recapturing Chapo? I can hardly wait. Another ring for the Circus. :)

Perhaps this would be a good time to discuss Mexico's long history as a haven for various types of refugees. For starters, among the first wave of Spanish immigrants who came here during the 16th Century were many former Jews and Muslims, who had been forced to convert to Catholicism by order of the Spanish monarchy. They were known as "conversos" and, although they had converted to Catholicism, they were still persecuted and ostracized by the general population of Spain. Later, escaped slaves (mostly from Texas) fled south to Mexico along an "underground railroad," much like the one that led north to Canada. Many Mormons, including the family of Mitt Romney, also found refuge in Mexico. Mitt's dad, George Romney, was born in Mexico and later became governor of Michigan and made an unsuccessful attempt to be the Republican nominee for President in 1968. Over the years, Mexico has continued this tradition, taking in all kinds of refugees from all over the world for all kinds of reasons. So taking in a few thousand Syrians would be nothing new or unusual for Mexico.

mexico is not a haven for silent jihad. they wont support support refugees, or do they?

Of course Mexico supports political refugees, back to the days of Leon Trotsky, who was granted political asylum at the cost of souring U.S./Mexican relations. Mexico has always welcomed E. European and Arabic refugees, and there are many private, well funded groups willing to help those that Mexico has accepted. On the other hand, many Mexicans are downright hostile towards Central Americans, especially Guatemalans. These refugees are beaten, robbed, raped, exploited. This is why the government invoked strict laws protecting their rights in 2011. And today there are still problems of ignorance and hate against Central Americans in Guadalajara http://www.theguadalajarareporter.com/index.php/news/news/guadalajara/46624-anxious-neighbors-defiant-in-opposition-to-migrant-shelter

Carlos Slim did OK with refugee parents who settled in Mexico.

http://www.carlosslim.com/biografia_ing.html

"In 1902, Julián Slim Haddad, father of Carlos Slim Helú, arrived in Mexico from Lebanon, all alone and 14 years of age, speaking no Spanish. He was escaping from the yoke of the Ottoman Empire, which at the time conscripted young men into its army; mothers therefore sent their sons to exile before turning fifteen. "
"And thus Don Julián arrived in Mexico; he was a young man, energetic and full of enthusiasm and ideas, who after disembarking in Veracruz, moved to Tampico, Tamaulipas, where four of his older brothers had already settled since 1898 (José, Elías, Carlos and Pedro Slim) with the conviction that they would succeed together with the country that had received them."
"Carlos Slim's mother, Doña Linda Helú, was born in Parral, Chihuahua. She was the daughter of José Helú and Wadiha Atta, Lebanese immigrants who arrived in Mexico at the end of the 19th century, and after traveling through several cities in the Mexican Republic, decided to settle in the capital city. José Helú brought the first Arabic printing press to Mexico and founded one of the first magazines for the Lebanese community in this country."

On the other hand, many Mexicans are downright hostile towards Central Americans, especially Guatemalans. These refugees are beaten, robbed, raped, exploited. This is why the government invoked strict laws protecting their rights in 2011. And today there are still problems of ignorance and hate against Central Americans in Guadalajara

I wouldn't say that "many Mexicans"are hostile towards Central Americans,the problem is that many are mistreated by corrupt officials,cops and other criminals.

The Guadalajara controversy is a NIMBY thing,most Mexicans are not hostile towards Guatemalans or any other immigrants.

As I read it there were about 3,700 muslims in MX in 2010, guess it's about time to increase that number and no mosques in Jalisco, so maybe the Saudis could build a couple dozen? - just a suggestion.

Would it make a difference to you if you knew that a large percentage of these refugees are Christians?

christians are not let into europe/us, its a muslim/jihad thing backed by the saudis. good morning alex! muslims kill christians in the mid east, just letting you know. duh. for all you old trotsky'ites, mexico is not taking refugees. who knows, may if they are offered billions- they can be bought? business is business. no mabel, lebanese christians & islamic fundumentalists are not the same thing.

Archived